Luna Alana

We walked towards the forest. The bushes here have all grown up. I could barely see the patio leading to mom's cabin. That cabin used to be our hideout. Mom spends her free time painting. She enjoyed it so much.

It was a small cabin with flowers planted in its front yard. Those flowers were now covered with bushes, some of them already withered. It has a stone patio leading towards its door. It was a shack built with wood. It is where my mom goes to after she finishes her Luna duties.

It was already dark when we walked towards my mom's cabin. Devon had grabbed a torch earlier although we really don't need it. Wolves have heightened sight. He looked silly for using so. We were walking towards the cabin holding each other's hand. It might be over 8 years; few trees have grown as well as the tall grasses, but I can still remember where it was.

As we enter my mom's studio, He scanned the room, he then walked around. There were paintings and pictures hanged in the wall. Most of mom's subjects were the forest, the beach and me. My mom loved to paint, and this small cabin was made by father in middle of the forest so Mom could spend time relaxing while doing her craft. I left him there and went to the back of the cabin and turned on the generator to light the cabin's electricity. Good thing it was still working. I went back inside.

He then spotted a picture of two women laying on their stomach on the sand. One of it was my mom the blonde girl leaning on the shoulder of the dark-haired woman, Luna Alana.

"Is this your mom? He asked and looked at me pointing on the blonde woman. I moved closer to him to get a better look, I nodded.

"She seemed close to my mom?" His brows are wrinkled. "Why is it that my mom never mentioned her to me?" he wondered. I shrugged.

"I don't really know but as far as I know, when your mom became the Luna of Tibolo pack they never stopped communicating with each other." I answered. He looked at me with confusion written on his face.

"You may not know it, but your mom was my mom's best friend. They were like sisters. I had not met her before our pack celebration, but I heard lots of stories about her from my mom. I also know that Mom and Aunt Alana had the same ability... they can wield protection barriers." I explained to Devon.

"But I haven't seen her use her ability, not even once." He shook his head in disbelief.

"I don't know what her intentions were back then. Why did she keep this from you? But she never set foot back here when she was crowned Luna of your pack." I said and looked into his eyes. "I only met her with your dad on that night my parents and my pack died. It was my becoming of age party and my first shift. She was excited to see us back then." I uttered. We sat down on the couch; he placed his arm on the armrest then rubbed his jaw with his other hand. His face showed that he was thinking.

"My Mom told me that your father, Alpha Apollo, thought that my pack hindered him acquiring your mom's ability. Even though they had completed the bond, he never received any of your mom's ability. Even my mom was confused. We don't know where he got the idea, but we couldn't control sharing of ability." I explained then stared at him intently.

"My Mom was Katana Wolf, and my father knew it? He told me your gathering was a trap?! I knew it was someone's birthday. That is why I never insisted on coming. I had to protect our territory" He has a questioning look.

"Why would we trap them if we intend to celebrate my birthday?" I asked that made stiffened, facing me with a longing stare.

"I can't find the right words, but I feel ashamed for whatever we did to you those past 8 years." he then answered.

"It wasn't you're doing, although I am holding a grudge on your father for the horrible things that he did to me and my pack. It was never my intention to go after your pack for revenge. My Mom and my dad's dying wish were for me to be safe. My dad declared me Alpha of the pack before dying, he instructed me to find surviving Katana wolf and protect them."

Silence...

"I just wish Alpha Apollo would stop hunting me...I am also bewildered why he is persistent on killing me...", I said.

"I know it's too much, but can you tell me what happened 8 years ago...? Him Pleading.

So, I did.... I tried to share every detail that I could remember on that day. He had shown different emotions while I was telling my side of the story. He stood up and started walking. He was pacing back and forth.

"I remembered we had problem with witches.", Devon uttered after long silence. "I was told Tessa helped us settle our problem with the witches." He added.

"Who's Tessa?" I asked him in confusion.

"You met her earlier. The witch riding with our warrior earlier." He spoke.

"For some reason the witch's attack on us stopped. Our packs attention was diverted to avenging my mom, hunting you." He commented.

"Sorry but I do not follow?" I shook my head.

"You were attacked by my pack and there was a witch involved? Tessa came with my father that day, I clearly remember now. She went with my dad's convoy." he added.

"Hmmm...sorry but I am so confused." my palms are both on my cheeks. I am frowning because I do not understand what he was referring to.

"How about we rest for now? You are clearly exhausted. I will grab the food I left in the car. So just lay there. I will be back." he said in a calm manner. He then reached me then gave me a kiss on the forehead. I could not help but close my eyes and feel mesmerized by our closeness.