Enjoy the rest of the month

We walked towards the group of rouges at the west boundary, the forest side of our territory. They were on the top of the hill. Lawrence reported that the group were too anxious, despite the assurance given by the warrior of not being harmed. The group of rouges hurdled down on the ground, All of them refused to move.

Truly enough the group was apprehensive and nervous to answer any of the questions our warrior asked. These group consist of 4 children and a woman in which I presumed stood as their guardian. Their clothes are covered by blood and mud, as if they were refugees who have escaped the war.

All of them were coop down on the ground, the younger woman who looked like on her early twenties shielded all her companion body and arm. They were crying and begging for mercy. My heart sank in misery seeing them in fear.

I squatted down a couple of feet from the group and looked at them cautiously. I tried hard not to fluster the group even more. As I sat down, I have observed these kids and the woman are wounded. It was the same look that I had when I lost my family from the tragedy. I waited until the group calmed down.

The woman peeked at me then at our group. The moment our eyes met, I smiled sincerely. She has this angelic face, a curly ash blonde hair and small built. A few bruises and abrasions can be seen on her face and her neck. Her fear was written all over her face.

"Luna?" She whispered. "You are the Luna! I am sorry.... You should not be here." she whispered she sobbed.

My eyes widened upon hearing her. Suddenly a wolf jumped towards my direction, its mouth wide open about to tackle me by the neck. But before it can grasped me, Lawrence managed to tackled him down to the ground away from me and the group of rouges screamed in fear. I was caught by a surprise that made me sat on the ground and froze. I slowly glanced at the kids and the woman. Her face looked worried while the kids trembled in fear. Her eyes filled with terror.

"I am sorry Luna, I am sorry" I heard her say. This never happened to me. I could sense danger and I had the ability to dodge any attack. I scanned my eyes around and I realized a group of wolves bolting towards us.

I tried my best to snap out from the shock. Then quickly stood up. I mind link my warriors to halt and wait for my signal. I asked one of the warriors to take the children and the woman away and safeguard them. All the remaining four wolves looked at me, their eyes attentive to my command.

'LUNA RUN NOW! we will try to hold them down!" Lawrence said through our mind link while he fought my attacker.

I heard him groan in pain when the wolf grasps his arm and swings his body down the hill. I could hear his body slammed in the rocky ground of the forest. My warriors roared in return, one of my warriors sprinted towards the wolf who harmed Lawrence. I looked further then I noticed another wolf bolting toward us. He is accompanied by a few more attackers. Some were in wolf form, some in human form.

I spread my palm of each arm feeling the ground. Using telekinesis, I swung each arm, throwing the boulders in the ground towards our attackers. I managed to hit some of them. Then I signaled my men to attack and charged towards the attackers while I wielded my powers.

Then I saw a ripple of lightning running in the ground, hitting my warriors. Throwing them off towards my side. Another ripple of lightning came towards us, but I managed to block it using a barrier. Damn, this energy is so strong.

I must protect myself and the child I am bearing. I spread my hands in front of me. Strengthening the barrier that I have wielded. I took deep breath and widened my stance as I saw another ripple of lightning colliding with my barrier. Each collision creates a big blast.

I shook my head in despair. Praying that Devon rescues us in time. I would never abandon my warriors and the rogue children. They will all be slaughtered.

Blast after blast, I could feel the exhaustion. Two ripples of lightning coming my way. I crossed my hand in front of me shielding myself from the lighting. The collision threw me off into the air. I closed my eyes for the impact, but a huge body caught me from behind and cushioned me from hitting the ground. I inhaled and I realized it was Devon. Devon gently placed me on the ground. His eyes roamed in my face then my body. I saw the dreadfulness in it.

"Thank God I came in the right time." He said while heavily breathing. I know he came here as fast as he could.

"I knew you would come. I am so glad I was able to hold them off!" I smiled tried to assure him that I was fine.

"You could have run away from this mess. Why? I told you to come back home if things go south. You could get hurt, love." He commented.

"All these people might have been dead if I ran. I know you will come. I was trying to keep everyone safe." He said then kissed my forehead.

He stood up and hugged me. I looked at the direction where the attacker was, but I saw Caleb. He wielded an ice barrier between us and the attacker. Caleb glanced in our direction; his face lit up when he saw I was ok.

Devon shielded me, covering me and placing me on his back. I tried to peek, but Devon kept blocking my sight with his back. He stood there, evaluating the situation.

It was silent... Sinisterly silent for a while. We looked at each other. All the warriors, humans in wolf form, stood in alertness. Ready for any attack that might come. Then I heard footsteps coming from the other side of the barrier. I could hear the noise of the twigs and leaves being stepped on.

"Javier." I heard Devon uttered. My eyes widened hearing a familiar name from Devon. He grabbed my hand and hold it to reassure my safety. I squeezed his hand in response. I could feel Devon's concern. He had shown courage but the uneasiness of me and my child being threatened gave him a reason to feel anxious

"You have managed to kill. Tessa, but I doubt you are strong enough to fight the entire Coven." I heard a woman said. I took the courage to step to the side to get a good look at the woman who was talking.

My eyes narrowed in disbelief. This woman looked like Tessa the witch but not exactly Tessa. Tessa might be angry, but this woman had so much rage on her. She grinned the instant that she saw me. I raised my eyebrow in response.

"And who are you?" I asked curiously.

"I am the woman who will bring you pain and death." she said while sarcastically smiling. "Do not worry. I will allow you to enjoy the rest of the month. But by the end of it, I will collect your heads for killing my precious daughter." she added.

"We did not kill her??!" Devon exclaimed. She smiled sarcastically.

"You and your father killed her. I will make you pay for robbing me of my daughter." she said then glared at Devon. Then she turned heel away from our border. Javier and the other wolves followed her leaving us all in awe.