Chapter 21

"Hey, Jeno." Hyewon greeted as she walked up their driveway.

It had been a few days since they last saw one another, missions and training orders from Kun keeping them apart. It also gave her some much needed time to think about all the things she was feeling and sort them out in her head.

"Hey, how've you been?" He asked, giving her a light hug as he invited her inside.

"I've been good, doing a lot of thinking recently." She replied as they sat down next to one another on the couch.

"Care to share?"

"Yeah actually, I uh was thinking about you." She said with a smile. "I missed you a lot."

"I missed you too." He said with a light chuckle.

"You know, Jeno, I also wanted to say sorry."

"Sorry?"

"Yeah. I know that I've been hesitant to really open up to you, I think I've been feeling trapped by the guilt of my previous relationship...." She paused, taking a second as he gently stroked her hand with the back of his thumb. "But I wanted to let you know that I do feel for you, something strong, and... I'm all in on us."

Jeno's eyes widened in shock, his heart beating rapidly in his chest at how sweet she was being. It's all he had wanted. For her to want to be with him over her ex and not just to try and forget him, but because she truly enjoyed being with Jeno.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I kinda realized that I've been over my ex for a while but have been feeling too guilty to let myself see that." She chuckled out. "But I want to be with you. I want to have a future with you."

"I don't think you get how much I've been wanting to hear that from you." He said with a bright smile, gently placing his hand on her cheek and pulling her in for a kiss.

This time she didn't pull away, allowing herself to melt into his touch and just enjoy the moment.

"Well then." He said as they pulled away from one another. "I think this calls for a celebratory date. From what I remember, there's a club you wanted to check out?"

"Sounds perfect."

- - -

After getting ready, Jaehyun's girlfriend allowing Hyewon to borrow some makeup before their outing, the whole gang was ready to go. Hyewon didn't really mind that the whole group was basically crashing her date with Jeno, she knew they'd leave them alone.

Right when they got there, the atmosphere was electric, the air running high on music and booze. She smiled to herself, having missed the buzz of the party scenes in the city.

After being there for a while, Hyewon started to get antsy. A specific stranger making her skin prickle with unease.

"Everything alright, Hyewon?" Jeno asked as he handed her a drink in the crowded club.

"Uh why do you ask?"

"You seem on edge. You keep glancing around and stuff." He said with a slightly concerned smile.

"It's probably not a big deal..."

"What is it?" He asked, straightening up as his expression hardened.

"One of those guys over there is creeping me out." She mumbled, nodding her head towards a group of men leaving against the bar.

"Which one? Blondie or Dark hair." Jeno asked, his voice dropping to a low growl.

"Dark hair. He keeps staring at me and brushing against me when we pass."

"Hmm, don't worry about it, I'll take care of it." Jeno said, Hyewon shooting him a confused look. "Just trust me, don't pay any attention to him."

"Fine, wanna go dance?" She asked, waving off the strange man and gesturing to the dance floor.

"I'll join you in a second, Taeyong wanted to talk to me really quick." Jeno said with a smile, gesturing her onto the floor.

She nodded, putting her drink down and making her way onto the dance floor. She allowed herself to get swallowed up by the crowd and lost in the music, swaying her hips from side to side.

It wasn't long before she felt a pair of hands fasten themselves around her waist, Hyewon smiling to herself as she turned around. Her smile instantly dropped when she noticed that the hands belonged to the creepy guy from earlier and not Jeno.

"Hey cutie." The man said with a low chuckle. "You're quite the dancer."

Hyewon opened her mouth to respond but a dark growl from behind the man cut her off.

"I'd let her go if I were you."

The man spun, releasing Hyewon slightly as he turned to see Jeno standing there with a threatening glint in his eyes.

"I think the lady can speak for herself." The man snapped.

"Well, sure she can but for your sake, I'll let you deal with me. It'll be less painful and if you listen quick you might actually leave this bar without needing to be wheeled out on a stretcher." Jeno said darkly.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I've seen you eyeing my girl all night but I wanted to give you a chance to leave here before either she or I rip you inside out." Jeno continued, taking a threatening step closer to the man. "so take your fucking hand off my girl or we're gonna have a problem."

Seeing the anger in Jeno's eyes, the man quickly released her, backing up a step as a smirk appeared on Jeno's face.

"Good. Now, if I catch you staring at her one more time, I'll make sure you can't walk for the next year."

The man gulped, nodding his head and quickly running off the dance floor as Jeno took his place, wrapping his arms around Hyewon's waist.

"That was hot."

Jeno let out a chuckle, shaking his head at her as they swayed from side to side.

"I told you, no one is gonna fuck with you while I'm here."

He sent her a wink as they continued to dance the night away.

———
I am so so sorry I haven't been updating, I've been so busy with school but HERES A TRIPLE UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS! idk how long I'll be able to keep this going but I'll definitely finish this story soon. Once again I'm so so sorry but I hope those of you still here are still enjoying this story!