I

⭐️ (404 words) Sofia pov

I was six years old on October 23rd when my father yelled at me to clean my room. I didn't care to listen though; this was the only night I could be out of the terrible room I was locked in. It was after my mom left and never came back. I never knew where she went, but I knew I was never going to see her again, at least not in this household.

Suddenly, my phone rang, and I was jolted back to reality. It was Derek calling, and I felt a rush of butterflies every time he called me "baby girl." "Hey, baby girl! Where are you? I called you 15 minutes ago; we have a case," he said.

I realized the time and started to panic. "So sorry, I'm on my way!" I said, hanging up the phone and quickly putting on my shoes.

Derek, on the other hand, was frustrated. He had been watching my behavior for a few months now, and he knew something was off. As an FBI agent working in the behavior department, he was trained to pick up on these things. I had promised him that we wouldn't keep any secrets from each other, but lately, I had been keeping something from him.

He slammed his phone down on his desk and groaned in annoyance, and Emily, our colleague, happened to walk by. "Woah! You okay?" she asked, stopping in her tracks and coming into his office.

Derek lied, telling her he was fine, but Emily wasn't going to fall for it. "Oh come on, Derek, you're going to have to lie better than that to get me to leave you alone. Now what happened?" Emily said, sitting in one of the chairs in front of his desk.

" I just- it's Sofía isn't telling me what's wrong and it's pissing me off 'cause we always tell each other everything! We promise it just makes me feel like so annoyed because I know something is up" I say looking up at Emily

"Well just give her some time I mean you know how she is sometimes... But I can promise you that she'll come around and  tell you she probably just needs time everyone does. Now get ya butt off that chair we got a case to work on" she laughs and heads to the debriefing room...

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I love you all have a good day 🖤🫂‼️