16

2 weeks later

Rebekah walked into her brother's house after leaving Elena's house. Who was refusing to open the door for her. Kol turned to look at his sister while he was happy that she was trying to do this for him he knew it was getting nowhere. "Bex i no longer see a point if she doesn't trust me maybe she's right. And no one loses to Katherine."

"She refused to open the door but she slipped a folder under the door. It's the name change and their birth certificates which you need to sign." Rebekah knew this was a lot and she was trying to help him the best way she could. She snapped her fingers seeing that he was zoning out. "Are you listening to me, do not listen to Davina, do not listen to Hayley or Katherine. You just need to tell her that you are not taking her kids from her."

"She is never going to talk to me?" Kol knew it was as simple as that nothing he said was going to work. 

Rebekah sighed she knew that was how it seemed but she was sure Elena was simply scared of what was going on. "She has four kids she can't stay locked in her house forever and she has no job."

--

Elena was lying on her bed and Hayley was sitting at the edge watching the kids playing on the floor.Hayley looked over to her best friend knowing it was time for her to take this step. "Custody?"

Elena sighed sitting up and looking at her best friend she knew she was right. She didn't want them to be like how she was she had been adopted never got to know her parents she didn't want them to be without a father. "I'll share as long as i don't lose them?"

"You sure?" Hayley asked she didn't want her best friend to be forced into doing this if she didn't want it. 

Elena nodded she was sure she had thought about it she knew this was what was best for them. "I was adopted. I never got to know my real parents. I don't want them to be without a father."

Hayley smiled slightly she was proud of her best friend she knew they both had grew up the same way adopted and never getting to know their birth parents. And she didn't want that for them. "You weren't the only one, that's why i made sure Hope knew her dad."

"Call him." 

"I will."

Hayley got up, took her phone and dialed Kol's number.  

"What Hayley?" The last thing he wanted was to hear from her right now. 

Hayley sighed she knew this was the right thing for all of them. "Y'all have shared custody like me and Klaus and there is no chance that she will lose her kids to your family."

"Can I meet them ?" Kol asked he wanted to meet his kids to be introduced to them. 

"Give us an hour, I'll send you the address."

--

Elena was picking up everything off the floor, she was in her old high school T-shirt and sweatpants, wearing the mom bun. The kids were all playing in their room with Jeremy who had come over as Emotional support for Elena.

"El, Dylan has a fever." Hayley shouted she knew this was bad time but that Elena would have wanted to know about it. 

"Oh fuck my life." Elena cursed she knew that she already had a lot going on without one of them being sick. 

Hayley walked into the room holding Dylan who was quieter than usual. Elena dropped the stuff onto the couch and went to take Dylan from Hayley. She adjusted him on her hip feeling his head seeing that it was warm.

"Are you ok?"

He shook his head, laying his head on her chest, "No mama."

There was a knock at the door making Parker, Jordan, Logan and Hope run out the room. She knew her long day just got even longer.  "Can you get the door? I need to give him some medicine."