🄴🅁🅁🄾🅁 🄲🄾🄳🄴: 45

The rumbling of the car engine soothed my heart, calming me from whatever worries I've previously had.

After many hard days of working on our project, me and Tom have finally come near a satisfying conclusion to our work.
We've already wrote, recorded and edited a lot of the few main core points of our video, and today is where it all finally is wrapped up.

Dad was giving me a ride to Tommy's place, all while jamming out to some weird song from the 1970's. The familiar lyrics; "can I sit next to you girl" continued to repeat at the chorus.

He'd tap his fingers onto the stirring wheel in rhythm with the song's beats.

"So- You and Tom are wrapping up the project today?" My dad questions, talking past the song's guitar bridge.

"Yeah! We just have to record a few scenes and lines" I answer him, smiling.

He nods in acknowledgement.
"Luca has hyped up you and Tom's skills quite a bit, so I'm sure it'd be great."

I quirked an eyebrow at my fathers words.

"She did that?"

I literally only showed her that one video- I don't remember showing her anything else...

"Luca really admires you, Y/N" He says, "Maybe idolize is a better word for it..."

"Idolize..? might be stretching it a little..." I murmur.

There isn't much to idolize about me.. actually- I probably idolize her more than she does me.

Luca's got a nice family, a nice place, good background and social life--- not to mention that she's pretty much perfect and wholesome in every way imaginable... Besides the fact that she can be a little bit of a pushover under the wrong circumstances- she's pretty much a 10/10 as a person.

The rest of the drive was relatively silent-- well, as silent as you can have it with my dad's music playlist booming in my ears. Once we arrive, I practically leaped out of the car and onto the pavement.

I turned around and faced my dad who was staring back at me through the car door's window.

He then starts to smile, turning his music down in order to get his words across more efficiently.
"Alright, you know the drill kiddo. Don't wonder off, don't do drugs, don't do the do--"

"DAD! NO--!"

At my reaction, a howl of laughter was let out.

"It's not like you'd actually do it-- you're not going to do that, right?"

"NO!"

"Good." He casually chuckles, "Then go in there and finish that project."

"Aightt" I then start walking away from the car. After a few steps I turn back around and jokingly saluted my father, "Bye Dad!"

He salutes back to me.
"See you later, Y/N"

And with that, he rolls up the window and starts to drive off.

Mental note: maybe just walk to Tom's house to avoid any future weird conversations from this point on.

Once dad's car left my sights, I went back to walking towards Tom's front door.
And before I could even get to the door-- Tom was there, door open and ready to greet me with one of his famous Tommyinnit grins.

I grin back at him.
"What? Couldn't wait for me to get to the door?" 

"Yeah- you were taking forever, you slowpoke" Is what he replies to me with.