❪ 𝟬𝟬𝟮 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . FIRST ACT
❪ TWO ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

MAE WAS OFFICIALLY BANNED FROM SUPPLYING DRINKS after all of the boys got so high they passed out in different parts of the Glade

MAE WAS OFFICIALLY BANNED FROM SUPPLYING DRINKS after all of the boys got so high they passed out in different parts of the Glade. ( Mae didn't know how she ended up in a tree but she wasn't complaining.) And although Nick had told her not to, it didn't stop her from convincing Minho to convince Newt to convince Nick to let them have it at least once a month when a new Greenie arrived—thus beginning a new tradition.

The next day, Mae had carved her name into the wall, or at least she tried to. Minho had to finish it because she kept cutting her fingers but once Mae had been officially on the wall, she was happy to be considered a Glader.

Admittedly, a week after the bonfire, the boys at the Glade had grown to love Mae for her odd ways──but it still took a lot to get used to. She was a little overbearing sometimes, her clueless nature could get annoying and she didn't know the meaning of personal space.

Like yesterday, when Winston was taking a shower in Homestead, Mae just waltzed right in to brush her teeth. He freaked out, and when Mae finally noticed him there, she simply giggled and said quick good morning before hopping out of the room.

Winston hasn't made eye contact with her since without blushing in embarrassment, because Mae had been the first girl to see him like that ever. ( The other Gladers tease him endlessly for it.)

Mae also liked to follow people around when she was bored, and within ten minutes the boys were already shooing her away back to her job.

The only people who didn't seem to care about her closeness was Newt, Minho and surprisingly Gally.

Mae would follow Newt around to ask him questions, which he answered as best as he could. While Minho seemed to match her energy most times, it came to the point where Mae had to walk away from him.

And when it came to Gally, she followed him everywhere──which he quietly preferred. She was sit and talk his head off while he worked and he would built whatever the Glade needed while listening intensely to everything she said, ( even though he pretended he wasn't.) No one ever really tried anything with Mae whenever she was with him. 

The council had gathered one day in regards to Mae. They all noticed how needy the other Gladers were getting around her. Stamping her as their unspoken entertainer, always wanting to get her alone. Mae, of course, was oblivious to it. Nick decided that one of the Keepers were tasked with keeping an eye on her at all times, keep her out of trouble.