❪ 𝟬𝟭𝟱 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . FIRST ACT
FIFTEEN ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     MAE SAT WITH HER LEGS dangling over the treehouse, her ankles crossed as she kicked them back and forth

MAE SAT WITH HER LEGS dangling over the treehouse, her ankles crossed as she kicked them back and forth. She sat between Teresa and Thomas, laying back on her elbows as they looked out into the Glade. After a brief explanation of what had been going on the last few days, Teresa didn't seem on edge as she once was.

"She's the last one," Teresa repeats, turning to them with a confused frown, "What does that mean?"

"Maybe it means you're the last person they'll send," Mae guessed, looking toward the center of the Glade. "The box hasn't gone down since you've come up."

"I just think it's got everyone a little worried," Thomas nods, looking down to where Gally is staring at them from beside a tree, "Especially, Gally."

"He thinks it's my fault." She guessed, looking down at her hands.

Mae reached over and squeezed her arm, "No one is blaming you, Teresa. We're all just trying to figure this out."

"Are you sure you don't remember anything?" Thomas pressed lightly.

She thinks for a moment, "I remember water, feeling like I was drowning. . .these faces staring at me, and this voice," She took a breath, "A woman's voice saying the same thing over and over—"

     "Wicked is good," Thomas finished.

     Mae furrowed her eyebrows, and they all shared a confusing look. She thought back on what she remembered about her life before the Glade, and how — and time pasted — she slowly started to forget.

     Still, Mae remembered the girl with the blue eyes, the ones that looked so much like Teresa's. She remembered how sad the memory felt, like she was seeking comfort from the mysterious girl. They were close. Then, Mae hugged her, and that was the last memory she could hold onto before waking up in the box.

But there was something else. Something that had recently stemmed from her mind, it was something that she hadn't told anyone — not even Gally. It was of a blonde woman, talking to her. Her words were like static and her face was blurred.

The woman had wiped a tear from Mae's eyes, their clothes all black. Then, the memory had faded. Mae hadn't told anyone because she didn't know what it meant, she didn't know the woman, she didn't know why she was crying. So, she told no one.