❪ 𝟬𝟬𝟲 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . FIRST ACT
❪ SIX ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

  FIRST ACT❪         SIX      ♥︎    ₊˚༢࿐▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( two years later. )

     SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD MAE DASHED through the gardens and toward homestead with a bright grin on her face. The blonde throws open the door, startling the boys who were enjoying their silent breakfast who rolled their eyes at her presence. She bids them hello before making a mad dash upstairs, where she threw open the first door with an exciting yell.

Nick had barely any time to register before she threw herself on top of him, causing them both to crash back down on the bed.

     "It's time!" Mae announced breathlessly, "The new Greenie will be here any moment!"

     Nick chuckled, flopping back down to catch his breath. He didn't bother to push the girl off of him, because he knew she was too excited to budge.

     "Mae," He says slowly, giving her a knowing look. "Try to dial it back, alright? Remember the last time you ran up to a new Greenie?"

     The girl winced at the memory. She had gotten too excited to meet Leo, and before the boy could get his feet on the grass she was telling him all sorts of things. He overwhelmingly passed out.

Now, Mae was officially banned from giving the Greenie's any sort of information until Nick and Alby spoke first.

     Mae slowly crawls off of Nick, holding out her hand and pulling him to his feet with a smile. As she dusted him off, she couldn't help but examine him.

Nick had grown taller in the last two years, and during that time his hair had grown out over his ears and his voice had dropped some octaves. He looked different physically, but mentally he had changed more.

     Eighteen. That was how many boys they had lost after George, and just last week they lost another to the Grievers in the Maze. The boy had ran straight in, it was a suicide.

More young boys lost, more graves that needed to be dug. It was a lot of pressure on Nick, and it showed in his eyes.

     "You're doing great," She reminds suddenly, giving her award winning smile as she fixed the collar of his shirt.

     He smiled, and for a second his eyes dart up and down her attire. It was only a second, and she didn't notice, but Nick can see that she hadn't changed.