❪ 𝟬𝟬𝟵 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . FIRST ACT
NINE ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     MAE HAD BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO the arrival of their newest Greenie all week, and although she wasn't nearly as excited as Chuck, who can't seem to shake the name 'green-bean' even after he remembered his name, Mae still couldn't stop talking...

MAE HAD BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO the arrival of their newest Greenie all week, and although she wasn't nearly as excited as Chuck, who can't seem to shake the name 'green-bean' even after he remembered his name, Mae still couldn't stop talking about it. The Gladers had been eager, they needed a distraction after losing Nick, and almost losing Mae.

     And by the Gladers, they meant Mae. She needed the distraction.

     The girl felt pressured by the lingering stares that followed her in the Glade. They were all on edge with her, like she was going to snap any second━━ at least Newt and Minho had the decency to treat Mae like a normal person.

     Gally, on the other hand, seemed to flip a switch in his brain. He was more scared than ever before, and it was starting to show. The walls around his mind were crumbling, which made it harder for him to talk about it. The Maze was starting to mess with his head like never before.

     The Glade was the only place he felt safe, and the people around him were dropping like flies.

     Which meant late nights of Mae and Gally sitting in each others silence until they both fell asleep, almost always waking up tangled with each other. After what happened with Mae. Gally just felt more on edge. He refuses to let anything else slip out of line━━ out of order.

     Which meant that Mae was under his watchful eyes 24/7 and there was nothing anyone could say against it. He wasn't going to let anyone else die.

     "Everyone keeps staring," Mae mumbled, her delicate fingers plucking at the grass to distract herself.

     "Let them," Gally squints at the sun, laying back on the tree with his elbow propped and his ankles crossed in comfort, "They won't say anything."

     "They're thinking it," She sighed. He knew what she meant by that. The Gladers look at Mae like she was glass that the wind blew too hard and shattered. They were avoiding her out of worry, which only seemed to make her worse, "They think I'm going to do it again."

     "Are you?" His asked, looking at her with a calculating frown.

     "No," She whispered back.

     They fall into a comfortable silence as she focusing on the grass between her fingers and Gally scanned the Glade with paranoid eyes. And then, his blue eyes slide back to Mae, carefully look at her face. He watched the way her eyebrows knitted together in concentration, the way her nose scrunched with her thoughts and her soft lips pull down once and a while.