❪ 𝟬𝟮𝟯 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚.                         ⊹ ˚ .  SECOND ACT
❪       TWENTY-THREE    ♥︎    ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    Her elbows rubbed against the cold metal as she pushed herself tightly through the vents

    Her elbows rubbed against the cold metal as she pushed herself tightly through the vents. Mae felt her lungs begin to burn, her brain screaming at her to keep going because - like always - her life seemed to depend on it. With all the energy she could possibly muster, the girl pushes through the grille and flung herself into the boy's room.

Thomas, Aris, and Teddy followed closely behind all looking just as shaken and panicked. Completely out of breath, Mae grabs at her knees. She would've doubled forward if it wasn't for Frypan wrapping his arm around her torso, keeping her in place.

"Damn, Mae!" Frypan exclaims, his eyes wide as he looks between his friends and the now broken grille, "What's going on out there?"

"We gotta go!" Thomas shouts, causing the others to stand up in a frenzy. "We gotta go right now!"

Newt stays firmly still, "What do you mean we got to go? What's going on?" He demands an explanation, looking at Minho with a set frown.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Minho shouts, trying to talk over Thomas' rambling.

In hopes to give a proper explanation, Mae stepped forward. Her eyes held the kind of worry that made her friends mirror it without knowing why, and with a grim expression she says, "It's them. It's them and they're coming right now! You have to believe us."

She tugged at Newt's long-sleeve with a burst of fear, the thought of Janson bursting through the doors and taking her away from him was painful enough. Her eyes began to water and she began to breathe unsteadily.

Newt, always the level-headed of the two Brits, grabbed each side of Mae's arms. Giving them a quick rub of comfort, "Mae calm down." He orders, turning to Thomas, "Why is she acting like this? What happened!"

"They're coming. Come on, we gotta go!" Thomas rips the sheets off one of the beds, wrapping it once before tying it between the door, "Paige. She's alive!"

"Aris, what happened?" Frypan rounds on him, sick of not getting a straight answer. But, Aris looked too shaken up to speak too, "Teddy?"

"Bad guys! Bad guys!" The little boy yelled, pointing rapidly toward the door with a wheeze, "Rat-face and blonde lady wants to-" He intakes a big breath of air, "Wants to harvest us like plants!"

"Plants? Wha-? Thomas." Newt says in frustration, "Can you just calm down and talk to us?"

"She's still alive." Thomas mumbles more to himself, trying to make sense of it all. How was she still alive? We saw her put the gun to her head, we saw the body.