❪ 𝟬𝟬𝟳 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . FIRST ACT
❪ SEVEN ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     MAE SKIDS ACROSS THE STONE when she crashed on the floor, cutting her knees against little pebbles

     MAE SKIDS ACROSS THE STONE when she crashed on the floor, cutting her knees against little pebbles. She was breathing heavily, staring at the ground with wide eyes. I did it. Mae gave a shocked laugh, but the sound of the Maze doors clicking in place made stopped in a sick realization. Oh, god, I did it.

     She didn't seem to be the only one surprise, and it took her a second to register Nick charging at her until she was thrown onto her back, with him standing over her.

     "Are you shucking crazy?!" He bellowed, shaking her shoulders hard with tears in his eyes. "What is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

     "I wasn't going to let you be trapped here!" She yelled back, slapping at his chest. "You didn't even try to come back!"

     "For good reason!" He screams, scrambling to his feet.

     Mae watched him peel up his shirt, and her heart broke when she saw the black veins crawling up his abdomen from the large hole of a Grievers sting.

     "You were stung. ." She states the obvious, "H-How did it happen?"

     He sighed, seeming to calm down as he turned on his heel and began walking back into the Maze. "The section was full of them, I've never seen so many in one place. I was right, they were guarding something. But I couldn't get close enough to see."

     Mae nodded, taking in this information as she rushed after him. She forced herself to push away the fear of death, looking at the pathways surrounding them as they past. The sun was going down quickly, and she had no choice but to follow an injured Nick.

     She was alive. Mae instantly reminds herself that there was always something worse that could happen. She needed to look on the bright side, at least she wasn't alone, at least she wasn't hurt.

     "Okay," She says suddenly, stopping in her tracks. "Let's get somewhere safe for the night."

     Nick scoffs, "Nowhere to go," He said, turning to face her, "I don't know if you've noticed, but it's not exactly safe down there."

     She starts to think, putting her finger to her nose as she tapped it in concentration. Then, comically, her head began to turn up the wall beside her. Nick followed her eyes up the ivy, noticing how small this wall was compared to the others—— still big enough to kill you with one miss step.