❪ 𝟬𝟬𝟴 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . FIRST ACT
EIGHT ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

  FIRST ACT❪         EIGHT      ♥︎    ₊˚༢࿐▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( attempt , talk of suicide )

I'll see you behind the moon.

I'll see you.

     Mae stared blankly at her reflection in the dirty mirror, feeling as though her body was on auto pilot as Clint sewed up the wound on her arm. Tears prickled the corners of her eyes, and every time she blinked the face of Nick flashed in her mind. It made her sick, her stomach churning every time her brain made her replayed it over and over again.

Even when Alby knelt in front of her, his hand going over her own in an attempt to be comforting, Mae continued to look straight ahead. She studied herself in disgust, asking herself why someone like her got to live when someone like Nick deserved it so much more as like mind chanted the phrase that will stick to her forever.

     I'll see you behind the moon, I'll see you behind the moon, I'll see—

"Mae. ." Alby says, trying to catch her eyes, "Mae, I need you to talk to me."

     Dead, he's dead, Nick's dead—

She wasn't listening, her ears were clouded with the screams of her dead friend. The boy who sacrificed himself for her to live. Every time she blinked, Nick was there and she kept replaying the seconds before he pushed her through the entrance. His forehead pressed against hers, the goodbye he gave before being ripped apart.

     We were so close. We almost made it.

Alby sighed, turning to the others in the room. Minho looked pale, allowing himself to think the worst as he looked at Newt, who looked relatively calm despite witnessing Mae almost bleed out seconds ago— or at least he was keeping his composure in front of everyone else.

Gally was sitting on a stool, his foot tapping anxiously as he stared at Mae, trying to catch her gaze. His hand twitching in the need to grab hers. The boy had a strong urge to comfort her. He wanted to talk to her, he wanted to apologize for everything, he wanted to hold her in his arms but he had to keep reminding himself that it wasn't the right time.

"Mae. ." Alby tried again, more firmly. "Tell me what happened in the Maze."

She turned her head suddenly, her lip quivering as she tried to keep her composure, but she still didn't look completely there. Almost like she was noticing them in front of her for the first time, "We were so close. So close—the door, it was right there and. ."