❪ 𝟬𝟭𝟭 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . FIRST ACT
ELEVEN ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     MAE RUBBED HER EYES WITH a tired yawn as she walking across the Glade with a blanket pulled over her head

MAE RUBBED HER EYES WITH a tired yawn as she walking across the Glade with a blanket pulled over her head. She made her way into Homestead, the fabric dragging behind her in the dark as she navigated her way up the creaky staircase.

The Maze doors weren't due to open in hours, and Mae had woken up from another nightmare with no one around.

     So, she did what she always did, and tried to bunk with Newt, but when she peeled open the door she physically had to stop herself from squealing when she saw Minho there, sleeping soundlessly beside the Brit, his arm draped over Newt's stomach.

Mae wished she had a camera, for memories and for blackmail.

     For a moment, she thought about waking Frypan, because the two had an ongoing bet on when Newt and Minho would make anything official.

With a small smile, Mae closes the door and ventures down the hall to the last door on the right.

She raised her hand to knock, but before her fist could graze the door, it was flung open and Gally was standing there.

He looked exhausted, his face slightly paled and dark circles under his eyes. His face pulls up in surprise at the sight of her, and Mae slowly lowered her hand in embarrassment.

It was one thing to sneak into Gally's room while he was sleeping, it was another thing to be caught in the act.

"What are you doing?" He asked, his voice low in a whisper as he looked down each side of the hallway, "Are you. .okay?"

She hugged the blanket tighter, imagining what she looked like at that moment. Her hair slipping out of her braid, sticking in different directions, the puffy-redness of her eyes, as her stuffy nose affected her voice.

Mae thought she looked horrible. Gally thought she looked beautiful and had to reframe from telling her at that moment.

     "I think so. I just couldn't sleep," She explained, realizing how foreign the words sounded to him.

Gally had made sure that late nights with Mae ended just the way it sounds. They'd stay up and talk, and he'd leave to his room. No more falling asleep in each other's arms, especially not after Alby almost caught them not even two weeks ago.

"Is Newt already up?" He asked, forcing himself to not want to pull her into his room, "Sleep in his room."

Mae gave an awkward smile, "Minho's in there."

He winced, "So that's what that noise was." Mae had to cover her mouth to reframe for laughing. Gally gave a barely noticeable smile.

"What are you doing?" She redirects softly, "Lights out was hours ago."