Part 8: Dance

As luxurious music filled up joyous ears, an unfamiliar group formed near the fireplace niche consisting of Mingyu, Minseo, Wonwoo and the middle-aged lady from before.

"It's so great to see you all grown up Mingyu. You're taking care of your fathers estate it seems.

Hullo Minseo, how are you? Having any marriage plans?", the lady inquired.

"Yes Mrs. Jeon, thank you.", Mingyu bowed. Minseo silently shied at her remark while Wonwoo shrugged at what he knew was coming ahead.

"Ahh.. Time flies by so fast..
I just have one last wish."

"here we go", Wonwoo rolled his eyes.

"why, let me...
I am so eager to see Minseo walking down the altar with my son and my daughter with my dearest Mingyu.", Mrs. Jeon directed her arms in a flash of grandeur.

A frown appeared on Jessica's lips.

"Apologies, my lady.
But I'm preoccupied with a love interest already.", Mingyu directed towards Jess with a shy smile on his lips, before continuing,
"Would you like to dance with me?"
Jess readily took his hand in hers.

Meanwhile Mrs

Meanwhile Mrs. Jeon urged Minseo to ask Wonwoo for being her waltz partner to which wonwoo replied,
"Mother, you know very well that
I don't like dances"

"But son I insist."

"since you do, I'll dance with Wooyeon.", Wonwoo seeked the approval of his sister only to find out she was already absent from the scenario.
.
.
On the other side of the ginormous hall, Kat danced in Junhui's arms, who, though trying his best for his moves to not overshadow Kat's grace, elegantly failed in doing so.
Jun was an excellent dancer and not many people knew of it. In China, he was frequently hired for famous gigs involving traditional and contemporary dances.
The two were absolutely lost in each other. They swirled gracefully as if they were on a seperate cloud, in a room completely devoid of people.

This made their dance catch people's attention

This made their dance catch people's attention. Many agreed they looked good together, but for some, their mixed ethnicities and distant social statuses were merely an excuse to disapprove of them. Among the latter, was a man, eagerly digging his eyes onto the couple.
He was feeling a weird strain in his chest, which he could fathom not.