Chapter 2: And I don't feel like I am strong enough

Broken by Seether

Colby

We have a few weeks left of this trip but I'm ready to leave. I'm tired, I've lost my voice and I miss Sam. I'm done with exploring right now but Elton and Brennen insist that I come to the next location, suicide forest. I really don't want to go but they won't listen. Even worse, they want to go at night. I try to make an argument for staying at the hotel but Brennen makes me come.

We get to the forest and of course it's raining too. We walk further into the forest and there are ribbons everywhere. I don't think anything of them until Elton explains what they mean. Now that I know the meaning, the ribbons make me uncomfortable and sad. My gut is telling me we shouldn't be here. But the others insist so we keep walking until we find an uncut ribbon. Oh no. The others discuss whether or not to follow the ribbon. Elton tries to argue for following it but Jake and Brennen disagree. Thank god. We hear a growl and see a tent in the distance. We run away and regroup in a clearing. Jake, Brennen and I try to suggest going back to the car and leaving but Elton insists that we stay. There's no changing his mind.

We find a place to stay for the night. Elton says we will take a two-hour break then go to the tent when there is more light. I turn off my camera because I don't want to film anymore. I pull out my phone instead. No service, great. Should I try to get back to the car? No, I shouldn't. I would just get lost.