Chapter 18: New home, New experiences

Sam

Our short break from the Sam and Colby channel became longer when the covid lockdown began. I won't deny that I'm worried but I do have the love of my life with me. Colby and I are living together now, using my apartment as storage until our leases are up. Once our leases are up in a month, we're moving into a house we bought. It's been amazing waking up next to him every day. Right now, I'm making breakfast for us. A pair of arms wraps around my waist.

"Morning love," Colby says.

"Morning babe," I say, turning to kiss him.

We're still filming for our personal channels. We decided that it was time to tell our fans about us. We made a series of videos about our relationship, including coming out and talking about our relationship as well as playing games.

One month passes and it's time to move into our new house. Corey and Jake are moving in with us. We unload the moving van and start setting up our bedroom. We have the master bedroom and Jake and Corey are living downstairs. For now, the other bedroom upstairs is a studio and storage but who knows, maybe it will be a nursery one day.

Colby

Tonight is our first night in our house. It still seems weird to say but I couldn't be happier. Sam and I haven't gotten sick and we're together. After setting up our bed, we head outside to relax on the couch. I hold Sam tightly, running my fingers through his hair, as we look at the stars. He looks at me and places a kiss on my forehead. Everything was amazing, then Sam got hurt.

Today is the third day of ten days of dares. So far the dares have been tame. Then Sam landed on the dare where he has to jump off our balcony onto a beanbag. I worry that this won't end well. Sam prepares to jump and I see the worry on his face. I should've stopped it then.

TW: mentions of injury and pain

Sam lands on the beanbag and a horrible popping noise fills the air along with Sam's groans. I run to him immediately, praying that he just got the wind knocked out of him. But I know something is wrong. We help him into the house and to lay down on his stomach on the couch. Jake goes to the kitchen and comes back with an icepack. I take it from him and place it on Sam's back.

Thankfully, he can still move his fingers and toes as well as his arms and legs. But he's still in so much pain that I try to convince him to go to the hospital and get an X-Ray. He finally agrees and I help him to the car. Once he's comfortable enough, I start driving. We arrive and doctors come out and help Sam inside. But they won't let me in because of covid.

I drive around town, lost in my thoughts. I'm so worried about Sam that I can't make sense of my thoughts. Hours later, Sam texts me that he's about to be discharged. I drive back to the hospital. Sam comes out in a brace. He climbs into the car. He tells me that he broke three bones in his back and has a six-week recovery. We arrive home and I help him to the guest room where he will sleep until he's healed enough to walk upstairs. He settles in and I offer him some of the painkillers. He takes them and sighs, closing his eyes. I turn off the lights and start to leave the room when Sam speaks.

"Please stay," he says.

"Sam, I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't. But please stay with me," he says.

"Alright."

I climb into bed next to him and he turns to look at me.

"I'll be okay Colby."

"I just wish you weren't hurt at all," I say.

"I know, but I'll heal."