Chapter 20: Back to our roots again.

Colby

We decided to change things up for the Sam and Colby channel. We're going back to our roots, exploration. We're excited about filming again and the places we're going to go are amazing. The first place we are going is Cerro Gordo and it seems amazing. We pack enough for a two day trip along with our equipment. I can tell that Sam is super happy too and I'm so glad.

We get in the rental car and start the drive to Cerro Gordo. We had to get a rental car because our cars can't go up the mountain. We're trying to make it to the town before nightfall but of course, it doesn't work out that way. We're almost to the town when we get a flat tire. Luckily, Brent had come to check on us and helped change the tire. After hours in the car, we finally make it to the town. Brent shows us around and tells us cool facts and history of the mine.

The bunkhouse where we are staying is particularly haunted. Apparently, a lot of mischief happens there and apparitions have been seen. After the tour, we split up to explore the town. Sam and Jake check out the bunkhouse while Corey and I explore bellshaw house. The bellshaw house is cool but there doesn't seem to be any haunting energy there so we head back to the bunkhouse. Sam and Jake are still inside so we decide to scare them. We start making noise on the porch and wait for them to come out and investigate. When they finally do, we jump out and scare them. We laugh at the looks on their faces. Eventually, they start laughing too. We decide to get some sleep because Brent is taking us to the mine tomorrow.

We wake up and have breakfast with Brent before heading to the mine. Brent shows us the best mines to explore. We find an old mining claim and Brent is over the moon. We enter the mine and start exploring. We find some denim but no treasure yet. Still, it's like another world down here and there's no doubt this is the coolest place we've ever been. We definitely need to come back here. Brent has something to take care back at the town so he leaves us in the mine. We explore the mine for the next hour and find a rock that looks like Brent described as containing silver. We take it back to him and he confirms that it is silver. We show him where we found the rock in case it leads to finding the lost vain of silver.

Our second and last day, we explore the rest of the town, including the burnt down hotel. We also golf and hang out with the goats. It was a fun day. We settle in to sleep, exhausted but happy. Sam curls up next to me and I smile down at him. I really am living my best life.