Chapter 19: Back to Normal

Six weeks later

Sam

I'm finally fully healed and the back brace is off. I finally feel like myself again. Those six weeks were the worst. Colby was so afraid to touch me because he didn't want to hurt me. But now we don't have to worry about it. The first thing I do after I get home from my appointment, where I got a clean bill of health, is to find Colby. I find him sitting on the couch in our room. I sit in his lap and kiss him deeply. The kiss deepens before he pulls away.

"Sam, your back-"

"It's fully healed and I want you," I say.

"Sam, are you sure?"

"Doctor said so. Now I want to kiss you until we can't breathe and then some."

I kiss him again and this time he doesn't pull away, Thank god. I start to grind down on him and he moans, gripping my hips. I meet his eyes which are filled with desire. My god, I have missed this, just getting to be Sam and Colby, kissing until we can't breathe. He pulls away from the kiss but I keep grinding on him. He tries to catch his breath but he's still breathless because of my movements. I have missed making him feel this way.

"Sam, more."

"Really? Cuz I'm enjoying this."

"Please."

I move off of him and pull down his pants and boxers. I kneel before him and take him into my mouth. Pleasure courses through my veins as I watch him fall apart above me. Soon, the room is filled with groans and moans as he moves within me.

We're laying in a darkening room, me laying on top of Colby, music playing faintly in the background.

"Sam?"

"Hmm?"

"I have something for you," he says.

He grabs his jeans and pulls out a box. I gasp.

"Colby, it's-"

"It's a promise ring," he says, opening the box so I can see. "It's my promise to you that I'll never leave."

In the box are two identical rings, one for each of us. I offer my hand and he places the ring on my finger.

"Did you think it was an engagement ring?" he asks.

"Yeah, I did. But I'm happy with a promise ring too," I say.

"I am going to propose one day soon. But it's going to be more than giving you a ring after we have sex," he says.

"You-u are?"

"Yeah of course. You're the one I want to spend my life with," he says.

"I feel the same," I say, kissing him.

He kisses me back briefly. "I'm so glad you're okay Sammy."

"Me too."