Chapter 3: Changed

Elton

The others are skeptical but this is what TFIL is all about. I see Colby get up and I follow him.

"Colby you okay?"

The sound of retching is his response.

"Colby?"

"I'm not feeling well. I need to leave."

"It's almost morning. We'll go to the tent then leave okay?" I say.

"Fine, whatever." He heads back to our base camp.

The sun comes up and we head to the tent. Our flashlights start dying and I start not feeling well.

"All right, let's leave," Colby says.

"No way. Let's get to the tent," I say.

"Seriously? Enough," Colby says.

"We're going," I say.

Colby follows us reluctantly because he doesn't want to be left alone. My flashlight dies too so we only have our phone lights now. As we get closer to the tent, we see what looks like a figure hunched over. The others insist that we leave but I refuse.

"Fine, we'll leave without you," Jake says.

"Fine," I say, not wanting to be left alone with only my phone light.

The ribbons we placed earlier are gone but we find our way out somehow and get back to the car. I drive us back to the hotel and when we arrive, Colby drags me into his hotel room, the others following.

"What's wrong with you? Why were you so insistent that we go there?!" Colby shouts.

"For the video," I answer.

"Well, I'm done and I'm going home. Change my ticket please," he says.

"Fine," I say.

Colby

They leave and I sit down on the bed. Elton texts me an hour later.

E: you leave tomorrow at 2. Brennen will take you to the airport.

C: okay

I spend the day alone in my room, sleeping and relaxing. At some point, I call Sam. He answers almost at once.

"Hello? Colby, is everything okay?"

"I'm coming home early," I say.

"Why? What happened?"

I explain everything that happened. We talk for about an hour before I fall asleep to Sam's voice.

Brennen drives me to the airport the next morning. I board my flight and head home to Sam. He picks me up from the airport. I doze while he drives home. When we get home, I head to my room to sleep.