SEVENTEEN

"I can't believe we have gym class this early." Jimin grumbles while tying his shoe laces near the lockers. "I thought Mr. Jung still have varsity practice.

He stands up and walked with Taehyung by his side towards the gymnasium. "He does." Taehyung replies once they were able to walk through the double doors.

Yoongi bends down a little before tossing the ball right into the net. He stretches his arms after doing so and receives a praise from the nearby coach.

"Nice shot Min! And welcome back."

Yoongi smirks and acknowledges the comment. "Thanks coach. Oh! And I owe you one."

Coach Hoseok gave him a thumbs up before sauntering towards Jimin's class by the entrance. The whole morning, Jimin has been ignoring him by the way he becomes jumpy whenever Yoongi tries to approach him and refuses to look his way. It was bothering him so much that Min Yoongi had decided to step it up a bit. With a little help from Mr. Jung of course.

"I don't know what's the drama between you and Jimin but because Taehyung's here, I'm not complaining." Jungkook comes to his side and exercises his legs.

"How's your body doing?" He then asks.

"I sort of feel rejuvenated." Yoongi mumbles, doing slight body movements. "I think the rehabilitation did me well."

"Good for you then, Yoongs."

Yoongi chortled at the nickname and pats the boy's back. "Jin's rubbing off on you."

"Hey! I heard that!" The said male who was doing squats not too far from them yells.

The two boys chuckled watching Jin straighten his back and strolling to where they stood.

"I heard about your encounter with Namjoon at the party. Looks like you had fun." Yoongi says once Jin was standing next to him.

"If by fun you mean the wrinkles in my face after stressing over the guy, then yes. I did." Jin utters with sarcasm.

"You should've called me for back up."

"So you could do what? Run him over with your wheelchair?" Jin laughs with Jungkook who joins their conversation after warming up.

Yoongi looked so done between them. "Haha. Very funny." He mumbles with a blank expression.

"Come on, their class is about to start." Yoongi then taps both of their shoulders, his mood changing that quick and went over to coach Hoseok.

Jin and Jungkook looks at each other knowingly before following the male.

○○○○

"Whooo! Go Jimin!" Yoongi hollered to everyone in the court, including a small number of audience.

Jimin flinched at the mention of his name that the ball he was dribbling got snatched away from his grasp. Mr. Jung had made them play basketball out of nowhere saying he'd fail them if they refused to participate. And the teacher rarely flunks anyone.

He continues to look down in embarrassment while sprinting to the other side of the court.

"Let's go Jimin!" One of his teammates trudged next to him before running off to defend their ball. Some even patted him in the back and talks to him occasionally. Just the other day, a few of them had kidnapped him and now they act like they have been friends with Jimin for years. Though most still glared at him for being the center of attention of their beloved Min Yoongi.

"Jimin! Jimin! Jim-" Yoongi abruptly stops cheering and dodges Jin's attack on his arm.

"Jimin won't talk to you so you'll scream at him instead?" Jin nags. Jungkook nods.

"And keep it down so Taehyung can hear mine."

Jungkook shots up from his seat on the bleachers and avoids Jin from hitting him as well.

"You two are hopeless."

The other two secretly bumped their fists together and turned to look at coach Hoseok who blew his whistle to indicate break time.

"The rest of you, take a seat. Park! Stay there."

Hoseok stops Jimin in the middle of the court and perks his head to look for someone in the crowd by the bleachers. Jimin followed his line of vision. "Min! Come here!"

Yoongi's head popped out in between a few students who were busy gulping down some water. Jimin immediately diverts his eyes from the male and looks over to their teacher who was obviously pretending that none of this was intentional.

Yoongi jogged towards them and beamed at Hoseok who grabs Jimin by the shoulder.

"Mr. Min here's gonna help you pass."

"I don't understand, sir. I thought I did good." Jimin states, breathing heavily. He mentally hopes to get out of this situation. Or else Yoongi might succeed.

"Apparently, you're the worst player out there." Hoseok says heartily then lightly pushes Jimin into Yoongi's direction and went to join his other students. Jimin trips a little into the older's arm but he quickly takes a step back, missing the glint of sadness in Yoongi's eyes.

"Whoo! Yoonmin!" Someone shouted from the sidelines making Yoongi crack up. The last word had a nice ring to it. Jimin blew a strand of his hair upwards in annoyance and positioned himself a meter away from the other male. At the far corner, Jungkook was rubbing his arm after being hit by Taehyung's lunch box.

"Catch!" Yoongi instructs before tossing the ball to Jimin. He then charges towards him to block the younger from shooting the ball.

Jimin sighs in defeat and dribbles the ball, trying to get pass Yoongi's defense. In a quick span, the younger was briskly running to the other side of the court and darted forward. Jimin attempts to dunk the ball but Yoongi was fast enough to push his arm away from the net. The ball bounces away yet Yoongi continued to hold Jimin's hand.

He sighs in relief after seeing Jimin finally making eye contact with him.

"Hey."

Jimin felt his heart trying to beat out of its chest. Yoongi was close, too close. The two stood silently for a moment, just staring into each other's souls. Both unaware of the crowd observing their every move.

Yoongi was about to lean in when the other suddenly jerks his hand away and ran out of the gymnasium. The male was dumbfounded but still ran after Jimin.

The rest of the students murmured amongst themselves while others tried sneaking out to follow Yoongi. Hoseok blew his whistle, startling them.

"Where do you all think you're going?"