TWENTY-ONE

Jimin impatiently waits in the dark.

Just seconds ago he was with an excited Yoongi who willfully dragged him down to an empty basement somewhere on campus and now was left alone after the lights went off. He kept calling the male's name but the only response he got was silence.

He taps one foot in annoyance and decides to try walking backwards to blindly find the door. Jimin's face twitched when his back met a firm, breathing chest.

"Boo." A deep voice growled.

Jimin rolled his eyes to Yoongi whose hands gripped a flashlight while pointing its beam up to his face, attempting to look somewhat scary. Of course Jimin refuse to buy it.

"Can I go now?" The boy whines, halfhearted. Yoongi shook his head 'no' and switched the lights back on.

Jimin was about to lazily walk pass Yoongi but the older abruptly took a hold of Jimin's loose arms and pleaded for him to stay.

"I'm exhausted with all the interviews. Let's just hide here for a bit."

Jimin snorts. The word 'interview' was just sheer exaggeration.

"You hide here then. Those people following you everywhere is none of my business." He spat airily.

"Oh they will be, my prince." Yoongi grinned his way mischievously while Jimin stood in disbelief.

"For all I know, you just wanted to be left alone with me." Jimin shyly teased, then brought his gaze to anywhere but on Yoongi.

"You caught me." The other fights the urge to muster a smile, one that would make your jaw ache and moved closer with tentative steps to where Jimin was. He clears his throat. The chit-chat already bought him enough time.

"So the truth to why I brought you here is that..." he pauses for a moment. "I wanted to ask you a very serious question."

Jimin flashed a relative smile. "Carry on."

"And I think your eyes look better when they're just roaming around like that, than them being on me." The older speaks in a sneaky tone.

Jimin makes a sudden eye contact with him upon hearing the statement. Yoongi gives him a deadpanned expression. "Okay, rude..."

"So you know how I get really charming and attractive at times that it's almost unbearable?" He rhetorically questions the younger and Jimin's face went blank comically.

Yoongi continued on his determined tone. "But deeper into the concept and you'll be sure to discover how loyal my beautiful heart is to you."

"What are we? Drama club?" Jimin snickers, but was unaware of the concurrent blush he was exhibiting to Yoongi.

"Park Jimin, will you marry me?"

The younger choked on his laugh and hunched down while Yoongi was unsure of what to do. Jimin regained his composure immediately and raised a hand in front of the other.

"You know we're still in highschool, right? And then there's college and jobs, etcetera..." he enumerates in a slightly worried manner, claiming it as a matter of fact.

Yoongi frowned childishly. "But you will marry me eventually?"

Jimin nods in defeat almost quickly causing Yoongi to chuckle in amusement. The boy's assurance was heart warming but the older had this not-very-strange need to settle for something a bit more.

"Boyfriends?"

Yoongi reached out an open hand to Jimin who stared at it in familiarity along with the reddening of his cheeks. For some reason, the trivial gesture made him exuberant.

"Boyfriends."

Their hands met and the two automatically released shy giggles. Yoongi looks into Jimin's eyes as it turned into crescents and pulled him closer to his chest with the use of their still connected hands.

He tilts his head until their noses were touching and Jimin almost becomes cross-eyed with how close their faces were.

Yoongi smirked before trying to claim Jimin's lips into his own when some random group of students squealing aimlessly bursted into the door.

–"Oppa!"

–"We found you!"

Yoongi face palmed in dismay. He can never count on Jin to come up with good excuses.