Chapter six

Ashley's point of view

I watched Andy hastily run out of English as soon as the bell went. I sighed deeply, slowly packing up my stuff.

'What are you doing Ashley?' I muttered quietly to myself. I didn't have an answer though. All I could think about was Andy. I was shocked at myself for having a crush on Andy. Not because Andy was a guy, I didn't care about that because I've always knew that I was bisexual. No one else knew it, but I knew it. No, it was more the fact that that guy just happened to be Andy Biersack, the most unpopular, hated guy in my high school. A part of me didn't care though, and that part of me knew that my new found crush on Andy felt... right. I just prayed that he would text me.

I had almost given up all hope, but eventually, he did.

I was sitting in biology, happily daydreaming, when I felt my pocket vibrate. Making sure the teacher wasn't paying attention to me, I pulled out my phone. I nearly dropped it in shock when I saw the message and who it was from.

What do you want?

Andy

I couldn't understand the question right away; my stomach was too full of butterflies. My mind only screaming, 'He texted you! He texted you!'

I let my mind focus on the happiness and the giddiness I felt at that moment, but I pulled myself back to reality with a quick shake of my head. I added his number into my phone and then concentrated on the text.  I'll admit that question stumped me. What did I want? I knew the answer was him, but I couldn't possibly tell him that, could I? No, I couldn't. 

I told you! I want to hang out. :P

- Ash

I sent the reply quickly, my fingers gracefully dancing across the keyboard, proof that I knew my iPhone well. I then tried to focus my attention back onto the lesson, but my phone was still clutched in my sweaty palms, excitedly waiting his next text. My phone vibrated two minutes later. I quickly unlocked the phone, typed in the password, and read the message. As I read, I felt my heart sinking, it wasn't from Andy. It was from Justin.

Yo. Dnt 4get about the party tonight. U better b there 

I sighed. I had totally forgotten about the party the football team was throwing tonight to celebrate making it into the finals, I was too busy obsessing over my new found crush. You're probably wondering why there would be a party on a Monday night. The answer? My friends are just like that. They don't give a shit about school, so therefore they didn't care about whether or not it was a school night. They never did. All they cared about was getting drunk, having a good time, maybe getting into a fight, and getting laid.

My fingers danced awkwardly across the keyboard, this time because I didn't know how to respond. I couldn't tell him yes; what if Andy agreed to meet up tonight? However, I couldn't tell him no either. You never said no to a party invite from Justin if you were a somebody. I especially couldn't because I was actually on the team. I sighed again and decided not to respond. Just then, I received another text. My heart jumped into my throat as I read his name. Andy.

Why though? You have never talked to me before. Why now?

Another question I didn't know how to answer. It's true, I've never said a single word to Andy before. I've even went as far as pretending he didn't exist. I was happily content in my own little world of popularity and acceptance that I didn't want him tainting it. I like being popular, and I like my reputation. I've always been afraid that any association with the Outcasts would ruin that for me. So why now did I find myself not caring?