Chapter Thirty-Five

Sandra’s point of view

I pulled my thin jacket tighter around me and started walking faster.  The bitterly cold wind blew right through me and I started to resent the fact that we had to walk to the mall instead of driving.  My phone vibrated and I pulled it out of my pocket.  Upon seeing it was a text from Kina, I felt my face break into a smile.

Hey, are you still coming over?

I typed out my response with some difficulty since my fingers were a bit numb from the cold.

Hey.  (:  Yeah, I’m on my way now.  I should be there in about ten minutes if I don’t freeze to death first. 

Her reply came almost instantly, which made my smile grow larger. 

Don’t die!  I wouldn’t like it if you died.  Did you want me to come pick you up?

Her offer was tempting, but since I was only about two blocks away from her place I declined.

Nah, it’s alright.  I’m nearly at your place.  Thanks though!  <3

Ugh.  It should not be this cold in June.  It’s the damn wind.

Hahaaha right?  See you soon.  xoxo

I put my phone away and shoved my hands deep into my pockets.  Muttering a curse, I began to walk faster still. 

By the time I reached Kina’s front steps I felt like a very grumpy icicle.  I texted her telling her I was here and waited, thankful that my house was only about a fifteen minute walk away.  I would have probably died if I had to walk another half an hour to get home. 

Kina opened the door smiling.

“Hey hun!”  She said quietly as to not wake her parents.  She hugged me tightly and pulled away, stepping aside to let me in.  “How was your walk?”

“Cold.”  I replied with a laugh.  I bent down to untie my combat boots and pulled them off.  When I straightened up, Kina leaned over and kissed me.  Even though it was just a quick peck, I smiled.

‘Wanna watch a movie in my room?”  She asked.

“Sure.” 

We quietly made our way to the basement and walked down the semi-dark hallway until we reached her room.  She turned on the light, shut the door, and turned to face me.

“What movie?”

“Don’t care.  You pick.”  I replied as I sat on her bed. 

---

“How was the mall?”  Kina asked about half an hour later.  I wrapped my arms tighter around her and she snuggled a bit more into my chest.