Chapter twenty five

“My parents are making me move to London.  They’re letting me finish the rest of the term here… But as soon as my exams are over we’re leaving.  I’m never going to get to see you guys again.”

Ashley’s Point of View

The silence was deafening when I finished speaking.  I looked down, tears falling from my face as I silently started to cry again.

“Wh-what?” 

It was Andy that broke the silence, his voice cracking as he asked his question. 

“I’m moving to London.”  I repeated, looking up at him to give him a deathly glare.  His blue, beautiful eyes were glassy with unshed tears and he looked like he was just told that his parents died.  Honestly, I wasn’t expecting this kind of reaction from him since it was his entire fault.

“But…” He started, trailing off.  Finally, tears started to roll silently down his cheeks, dripping off the end of his chin.

“I don’t know why you’re so upset Andy.  You knew this was going to happen because I told you it would.  Yet you still made me go to the hospital.”  I muttered angrily, looking away from him to the rest of my friends.  They all looked shocked and close to tears.  By the look on CC’s face, he was waiting for me to burst out laughing and tell them I was joking. 

“I thought you were lying!”  Andy cried.  I looked back at him, my mouth slightly open as I stared at him.

“Why the fuck would I lie about something like this?”  I screamed, getting to my feet, my hands clenched at my side.

“I don’t know,” Andy muttered, sinking back into the couch.  “I just thought you really really didn’t want to go to the hospital and you were trying to lie as an excuse not to go.”

“Damn it Andy!  That’s the reason I didn’t want to go!  The only reason I didn’t want to go!  If it hadn’t had been for my parents I would have jumped into the damn ambulance myself!”  I screamed.  My tears had stopped momentarily, the sadness replaced by the intense anger boiling in my gut. 

“I’m sorry okay?”  Andy cried.  He looked like a complete mess; his eyes were red and puffy, his eye makeup was running horribly, leaving thick black streaks down his face, but I still couldn’t help but think he was the most beautiful person I have ever seen.

I looked away quickly, blushing furiously.  “Sorry doesn’t change the fact that I’m moving to London because of you.”

“It’s not Andy’s fault, Ash, it’s Justin’s.  If you want someone to blame, blame Justin.”  Sandra said quietly.  I looked away from Andy and my gaze rested on Sandra.  She was still sat on the floor beside me, looking up at me with sad, red eyes.  She was crying too. 

“I wouldn’t be moving to London if Andy hadn’t made me go to the hospital.”  I replied flatly.