Chapter Thirty-Three

Andy's Point of View

As soon as Ashley's lips met mine I jerked back like I had been shocked.

"Andy? What's going on?" I heard Ashley whisper. I heard the hurt and confusion in his voice, but I didn't respond. Instead, I untangled myself from Ashley's arms and turned to look at Jinxx from underneath my fringe once my feet had touched the ground. I felt guilty and I again found myself wanting to cry. Jinxx had just broken up with me no more than a minute ago. I shouldn't have been as happy as I was to see Ashley. I should have restrained myself and talked to Ashley after Jinxx left; not kiss him right in front of Jinxx.

Jinxx, who was previously looking at the ground, looked up slightly and noticed me looking at him. He raised his head slightly higher and gave me a small smile, even though I could see the silent tears running down his face. I tried to return his fake smile with one of my own, but I couldn't. Jinxx's smile faded slightly.

"We'll talk later." He mouthed with a slight smile. I was about to protest, which Jinxx obviously knew because he just shook his head as he walked towards us.

"I'm going to go meet the guys. See you later?" His voice cracked as he tried holding back tears. He cleared his throat and gave us a forced smile.

"Sure." I said. Ashley nodded, clearly confused.

Once Jinxx was inside the doors Ashley turned to me.

"Andy, what the fuck is going on? Did Jinxx dump you? Wh-"

I cut him off with a shake of my head. "Ash, I'll explain later, but yes. Jinxx did dump me. I do have one very important question to ask you right now though."

Ashley took in a deep breath. "What?"

"Ashes. I was stupid for breaking up with you. I thought it was for the best and that I would be better off without you. I thought I could get over you, but I was wrong. I love you so fucking much Ashley. So fucking much, and I don't think I'll ever be able to stop. I don't want to stop." I paused for a breath. Ashley opened his mouth but didn't say anything. "Ashes. Will you be my boyfriend again?"

Ashley's Point of View

I took a deep breath that sounded almost like a gasp. I waited for Andy to burst out laughing and for Jinxx to come outside giggling, wrapping his arms around Andy. I was waiting for them to tell me this was a huge joke.

Because this is what this whole thing is. The cruel voice in my mind whispered harshly. Even though the Voice was obviously just in my head and didn't actually have a body or face, I knew that if It did it would be sneering at me, and rolling its eyes at how stupid I was being for almost believing Andy was actually being genuine. I tried to reason with the Voice, to tell It that maybe Andy was actually asking me to be his boyfriend again, but that only made the Voice angry.

Jesus fuck, Ashley. I knew you were a stupid, pathetic little cunt but I never knew you were this stupid. Why the hell would want to get back together with you when he has Jinxx?

The Voice continued to insult me as tears filled my eyes. Willing to shut It up, or even quiet the fuck down for a bit, I cleared my throat.

"What happened with you and Jinxx?" I asked.

The smile that Andy had on his face slipped when I didn't say the words he was obviously hoping, and expecting, to hear.

"I told I'd tell you later." Andy replied after a moment filled with awkward silence.

I shook my head. "No, I need to know now. You can't just ask me out like this without telling me what happened to you and the guy you originally dumped me for. Does he know we slept together, or what?"