|10| ♛ |Hearts Knotted| ♛ |

The song for today's chapter is Send Me an Angel, 

By Scorpions

The river water was cold and its current was capable of dragging a grown man very far. Even under the body of a huge wolf, Park Jimin found it difficult to remain stable, with his face and back above the surface so that both he and the child he was carrying could breathe.

If not for the dense silver fur that coated him, the boy would have been shaking as much as the little boy he had saved.

There was a moment when Jimin simply despaired. He prayed silently for the appearance of some raft or a floating object that could provide support, for his paws wouldn't last forever in this fight, and the rocks downriver didn't look very friendly either.

In the end, your prayers really reached someone.

The nature around him identified him and heard his call. The earth spirits murmured in melodic whispers, tickling the omega's ears. A moment later, the bud of a tree pierced the bottom of the river and gained gigantic size at an absurd speed. The pale trunk grew and cut the watery bed in half. The branches rose full of redbuds and bloomed like a garden in spring.

Park Jimin didn't have to do anything, for when he opened his eyes he was already up in the big tree, like a bird in it's protective nest.

With her body still full of adrenaline, her breathing took a few moments to return to normal.

Panting, the boy noticed that, involuntarily, he had begun to breathe like a dog, sticking his tongue out and opening his jaw wide.

Funny, he thought.

Jimin would have focused a little more on this and other new quirks that were acquired with the canine body if the little boy on his back hadn't been crying and clinging to him desperately.

Hey... It's alright, I saved you. I won't drop you in the water ㅡ said the omega, in his unearthly voice.

She had such calmness and confidence that the little child reduced the crying to a small whimper.

— Right. I just need to figure out a way to get us back to dry land!

As he thought, Jimin noticed that over the bridge and around it, dozens and dozens of citizens of Adaman were huddled together, looking at him with wonder and bowed bodies, bowing to him.

Trying to ignore so much attention — he felt too awkward receiving it, — the omega concentrated on the voices of the spirits still singing songs in his ears.

With butterflies churning in his stomach, because talking to magical creatures was still pretty absurd for Jimin, he asked the spirits to create a bridge to the riverbank.