*2*

*Olivia*

"Do you feel like it?" My father asks Luna who is sitting next to him in the passenger seat. "Hmm." she mumbles. She shows no interest and is busy on her phone. I really like the atmosphere here in the car.

"Dad, put on some music." I say to maybe give the atmosphere a boost. He does it almost quickly and a singing woman sounds in the car. So better than quiet. Silence also sounds nice, of course, but not now if you have to sit in the car with a grumpy sister for 3 hours. I hear my father hum along and I immediately look up. Oh wait I hadn't thought of that. This is going to be a really long journey.

————

"Olivia we're here, wake up sleepyhead." I am awakened by my sister. I quickly sit up and look out the window.

University of Florida - College of Pharmacy Campus

I read on the big building. With a sigh I get out of the car.

"Sleep well sleepyhead?" my father asks, as he takes the suitcases out of the trunk.

"Lovely just a little back pain." I say and walk to my father to help him.

"Just get out of here." He says and closes the trunk and locks the doors with his car key.

"This is where you roll this one?" Luna asks and pushes the small suitcase towards me. I stop him and roll him behind me. With each a suitcase in hand, we walk towards the Campus.

————

I watch Luna open her room. We walk in and put the suitcases in a corner of the room.

"So." murmurs Luna.

"So." I say after her.

"Come here." My father says and opens his arms. We walk up to him and hug each other.

"Sorry Dad." Luna says and I feel her hug even tighter.

"It doesn't matter, I get it." My father says and gives us both a kiss on the crown. We hug in silence. It's not an awkward silence it's a nice silence and I enjoy it.

"Uh? Hello?" An unfamiliar girl's voice breaks the silence. We break free and look at the door where a girl about the same age as my sister is standing.

"Hi, I'm Luna I'm your roommate from today." Luna introduces herself.

"Oh nice I'm Nessa." The girl introduces herself and then looks at us.

"I'm Olivia, Luna's sister." I introduce myself.

"Thomas, hi." My father says and gives a short wave.

 "Nice to meet you." Nessa says.

"Well I guess we'll just go one. I hope you guys become nice roommates and Luna you know if anything always calls." My dad gives Luna another hug and then walks out of the room. Then I walk over to Luna and hug her.

"I'm going to miss you, sis ." Luna says into my shoulder. "Call right after your first day of school I want to know everything." She says and holds my shoulders. I smile and shake my head.

"It'll be fine." I say and wave to the girls. Dad is waiting in the hallway and looking at some posters.

"We can go." I tell him. He puts his arm around my shoulders and we walk to the car.

————

After a whole day of shopping in Orlando, we finally get home around 9 o'clock. I walk to the front door with all kinds of bags from different shops.

"Hey Olivia!" Calls out the familiar voice of Charlotte. I look up and want to wave, but I can't. My father already opens the front door and walks in. That's sick of me, we've been in too many shops.

"You girl!" I call back. She's a little closer now.

"Had a nice shopping?" she asks. I look at my bags.

"No, I don't think it's enough yet." I say sarcastically, which made Charlotte laugh. Charlotte lives one street from me today and her aunt lives opposite me. When we first got here she was rocking on her aunt's porch swing. She asked if she could help and she was allowed to. We clicked right away and we became friends. She is now my only friend. Most friends you make at school or after school activities such as: dancing, football, cheering. But I don't want to start on that right now and certainly not on school, but unfortunately it's already a few days away.

"Come in and I'll keep a shop log." I say and walk inside.

"Okay, I'll keep my parents informed." Share them.

"Fine." I say and kick off my shoes, because those things are really starting to hurt now.

**

781 words

Don't forget to vote.