*25*

*Olivia*

"Good luck." Charlotte gives me a hug and then leaves my house. I close the door behind her and keep leaning against it. Now it comes.

With small steps I walk to the living room. Mason is sitting on the couch and busy on his phone. He doesn't seem to notice that I'm walking into the living room.

I walk to the kitchen and pour 2 glasses. Coke in. Then I walk back to the living room and take a seat next to Mason, while I put the full glasses on the table.

"Shall we start then?" I ask to get his attention.

"Yes." He mumbles and puts his phone away. His phone seemed to be very interesting just now.

"I'll get my laptop soon." I say, before I can get an answer I'm already gone.

In my room I quickly grab my Macbook and the piece of paper with the assignment on it. Then I go down again. And I sit next to Mason.

I start up my laptop, while I go through the assignment in between.

"Mason?" I say. I'm on the other side of the couch. "Mason?" I'll say again if he doesn't respond back. "Mason!" I call this time.

"Hmm?" He mumbles, putting his phone away again. Serious? What's wrong with him.

"I call your name three times and you seem to give a shit about me." I say is irritated.

"Yes sorry was important." he says, running his hand through his hair. "But what did you say?"

"Are you doing this on purpose?!" I ask angrily. His absence just annoys me.

"No, no really not it was just important." He says. I nod. I'll leave it but I want to get started on the assignment. Mason gets up and sits closer to me.

"Here just read the assignment I did it." I say and open a Word document. He nods and takes the paper.

When Mason and I have been at it for 5 minutes, his phone starts beeping. They are messages one after the other. Is it so important? Immediately, Mason takes his phone out of his pocket.

"What's so important anyway?" I ask and am concerned somewhere.

"It's nothing." he says curtly.

"If it's nothing then you just went ahead and don't respond to your messages right away." I say. It's just like that.

"I'm going."

"What? Mason what happened?" I ask concerned as I get up too.

"Something that's none of your damn business!" he says angrily. I am startled by his reaction and shrink back. His gaze softens when he sees my reaction.

"Sorry Olivia, I didn't mean it like that." He says and wants to grab my arms. But I quickly take a step back.

"No, I wanted to help you, but it's none of my business." I quickly walk past him to the front door. I open the door. Mason follows my every move. "Bye Mason." I say as I stand next to the front door.

He walks towards me and stops in front of me.

"Olivia come on, I'm sorry." He says. I chuckle briefly.

"Bye." I say. He nods and then walks away with an emotionless look. I slam the door and keep leaning against it. I slowly lower myself. Then that one hidden tear rolls down my cheek.

I mean nothing to him so you see but what he said this afternoon was just a joke. I wanted to help him. If it really was that important.

I hear Mason's car start and he drives off at a fast speed. I roughly wipe the tears from my face and walk to the bathroom.

When I look in the mirror I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket. Frowning, I pull my phone out of my back pocket.

Dad

I'll answer right away.

CONVERSATION

"Hey Dad?"

"Hi Olivia, do you have something important to do?"

"Um no, I only have an assignment that doesn't have to be finished until Friday." I close the bathroom door and walk down the stairs.

"Okay be outside in 5 minutes, see you!"

And they hang up before I can say anything back.

————

Normally my father still works that he is now finished much earlier surprised me. I quickly grab a cardigan from my room. Geez. It's always a matter of stairs.

In the living room I turn off the lights and put away my Macbook and papers from school. And I clean up the glasses that no one has drunk yet. When I feel my phone vibrate again, I run to the front door and see Dad sitting in the car.

I close the door behind me and walk to my father with a big smile that I can still put on. Maybe it's a fake smile, but it has to be. I don't feel like asking.

"You're done much earlier." I say when I open the car door and step in.

"That's right, there was a fire in the kitchen of the building so everyone had to go home." Tell my father when he drives away.

"Omg! Is anyone hurt?" I ask concerned.

"No Olivia." My father laughs. "Luckily not, it was a small fire, but there was a lot of smoke." He says.

"Oh." I say and notice that I don't have a seat belt on yet. I quickly click it. "But where are you taking me?" I ask curiously.

"I, your father, will kidnap you to the best restaurant in Miami and then take you to McDonald's for ice cream." He says with a scary look, which looks rather funny. I smile and pat him on the shoulder.

"Did you just plan all this?" I ask smiling. He nods.

"I felt like it!" He yells and then puts on some music. Okay my dad can be really crazy at times, but this is fun. I need to get some people out of my head right now.

**

998 words

Don't forget to vote.