Chapter 1

"I'm back!" Annabelle said as she walked through the door to her and Loki's chamber.

"How are you, my dear?" Loki asked as he put down his book.

"Wonderful, darling! And you?" she asked and sat next to him on their bed.

"Better now that you're here," he said happily. His comment made her smile, and she kissed his cheek.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?"

"I believe I am. Have you talked to Thor? Is he ready?"

"As a matter of fact, I just did," Annabelle answered. "And he is. He couldn't be more excited to be King. We both know he's wanted this since we were children."

"But is he ready? Should he be King?" Loki questioned, already knowing his answer.

"That is the question," she replied. "Your parents seem to think he is."

"But do you, my love?"

"You know what I think," she took his hands in hers and looked into his eyes. "He's simply not ready to be King. He's arrogant, quick-tempered, and too naive to rule right now."

Loki nodded, "which is why I tried to talk to Father about it again."

"I'm assuming he said no."

"Yes, he just doesn't see what we see. Thor is a warrior, not a King. He shouldn't take the throne - we should."

"I know, my love, but the coronation is tomorrow, and I'm afraid there's nothing we can do," Annabelle told him.

"Perhaps there is something..."

"Loki... what did you do?" She smiled, knowing that her husband was up to something.

"Oh, nothing..."

"You're up to something... and I want in. Tell me!"