Chapter 18

Annabelle decided to roam the palace to pass the time. She hadn't explored the grounds in years so she thought it could help distract herself.

Eventually, she made her way to the gardens. She knew this was the perfect place to help ease her mind. It was always so beautiful there. And there was always a new place to explore. She walked and walked, admiring the scenery and remembering all the good times she had there.

Loki would take Annabelle to the gardens quite often when they were younger. It was a place to escape. It was always so calming and comforting. Thor, Loki, and Annabelle used to play here for hours as children. So many fond memories came back to her as she continued to look at the gorgeous plants around her.

After a while, she found herself at her favorite place in all the Nine Realms - the place where she met Loki, and where he proposed. She took a seat on the bench under the big willow tree in the center of the secluded area and summoned the book she was reading earlier.

It was her favorite - a tale of royals and romance. It always comforted her over the years when she needed it most. But this copy, this copy was special - Loki had given it to her as a wedding gift. It had a beautiful hardback emerald green cover and gold lettering. And on the inside cover he wrote;

My Annabelle,
I love you more than you'll ever know.        You complete me. You are my everything.        I am so lucky for you to be my Queen. - Loki

She smiled at seeing his note. She loved him more than anything and this book always reminded her that he felt the same.

                                 ~~~

"Hello, my dear," Annabelle heard Odin say and she looked up from her book. She was so focused that she hadn't even noticed him approach her.

"My King," she said smiling as she got up to walk over to him, "how are you?"

"I'm doing fine, how are you?"

"I'm worried, to be honest," she said and the Allfather frowned. The two of them always had a good relationship which Annabelle was always grateful for. "I just hope Thor, Loki, and Jane are alright."

"They will be. They'll be back before you know it," he reassured her. "My dear, would you care to join me for lunch?"

"I would love to," she said and they made their way towards the palace.

As they entered the dining hall, Annabelle saw the banquet table already prepared with all of her favorites. She followed the Allfather and sat down beside him.

"Isn't that the book my son got you for your wedding?" he asked, motioning to the book that was beside her on the table.

"Yes," she answered and smiled at the fact that he remembered. "If I have this with me it's like Loki's by my side, even if he's not."

Odin smiled, knowing how much they mean to each other.

"I must thank you for being by his side for so long. You've brought him so much happiness. So, thank you, dear."

"Being with him has been the best part of my life. I don't know what I would do without him."

"The two of you truly are perfect for each other. Like two halves of a whole," Odin said happily.

"Thank you, I agree," Annabelle said.