Chapter 10

"Who's this?" a red-haired woman piloting the flying ship said.

"Princess Annabelle of Asgard," she answered.

"My brother's wife," Thor added.

"Three Asgardians in one day, who'd a thunk?" a man in a metal suit said. "I'm Tony Stark. I'm kind of a big deal here."

"Pleasure," Annabelle replied.

"The living legend over there is Steve Rogers - he's pretty popular too. And upfront is Natalie- oh sorry, Natasha," Tony said.

"Funny," Natasha retorted.

"Is it true that you guys are gods?" Tony asked.

"Yes," Annabelle answered, "Thor is the God of Thunder. Loki, God of Mischief. And I, Goddess of Dreams."

"Goddess of Dreams? Wow... so you can like control what people dream about or what?"

"Something like that."

"Cool. I'm more of a tech and engineering guy myself," he said, motioning to his suit.

"Very impressive. Don't you think so, my love?"

"It is," Loki said to his wife and then gave Tony a look that could kill.

"Well you're just a ray of sunshine," Tony said to the god.

And that was it - Loki was out of his seat and heading for Stark.

"Loki," Annabelle said, standing between the two. He looked into her eyes and calmed down. "Let's sit."

Annabelle then conjured a book and they read for the rest of the flight.

                                                                                ~~~

"What now?" Annabelle asked Thor as soldiers escorted Loki inside a floating facility.

"Now, we must find the Tesseract and take Loki home," Thor replied.

"This way," Natasha said, and the group followed her inside.

Once inside, they entered a huge room full of Midgardian devices that Annabelle had never seen before. Everyone then made their way to a large table towards the back of the large room. Annabelle couldn't help but gaze at the large windows on the opposite side of the space. The view was magnificent.

Screens suddenly appeared on the table that showed Loki in a glass cell. A man with an eye patch then appeared on the screens and walked toward Loki.

"In case it's unclear. If you try to escape - if you so much as scratch that glass..." he pressed a few buttons and a hatch opened up under Loki's cell. "Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?... Ant, boot."

Annabelle instantly grew worried that Loki would do something to upset the man and end up falling from the sky.

Loki looked at the man and laughed. "It's an impressive cage. But not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you," the man said in all seriousness.

"Oh, I've heard. A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man." Loki's comment intrigued Annabelle. She just knew that whoever he was talking about was part of his plan. "How desperate are you that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh. It burns you to have come so close... To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is."

The man then turned to leave. "Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something."

"What's a magazine?" Annabelle asked Thor.

"I don't know," he said, looking confused as well. Loki then disappeared from the screens.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" a man in a purple shirt said.

"So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army from outer space," Steve said.

"So, he's building another portal," the man in the purple shirt said.

"Yes," Annabelle sighed.

"Do you know anything about this?" Steve asked Annabelle.

"I'm afraid I'm just as in the dark as you are," Annabelle lied, "We haven't seen each other in months, which plagues me to worry about what he has in store. Whatever it is, it won't be pretty."

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here," said Steve.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki," the man in the purple shirt said. "That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You could smell crazy on him."

"Have care how you speak," Annabelle said, instantly angered.

"Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother," Thor added.

"He killed 80 people in two days," Natasha said.

"He's adopted."

"Thor!" Annabelle responded.

"Well..."

Annabelle scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Annabelle, how about you go talk to him? See if he'll tell you anything," Steve suggested.

"I don't see why not," she said.

"I'll show you the way," the man in the purple shirt said.

"Perfect," she said and they began walking down a hallway to some stairs. "I don't believe I caught your name."

"I'm Dr. Bruce Banner," he said.

"Annabelle, Princess of Asgard."

"You're Loki's wife, right?" Annabelle nodded.

"Darling?" Annabelle said to Loki telepathically.

"Yes, my love?" he replied.

"I'm coming to visit you."

"How wonderful."

"What should I say?"

"I'm not sure yet... we'll come up with something."

"We always do."

The two quickly arrived at two large metal doors.

"He's through there," Banner said.

"Thank you," Annabelle said with a smile.

She walked closer to the doors and to her surprise, they opened on their own. "Interesting," she thought. She walked into the large room with the cell.