Chapter 12

"Annabelle, stay here. I have to go talk with Fury and the others," Thor said and quickly walked away.

"Darling, where are you?" Loki asked.

"The floor above you, why?" she answered.

"We're about to get out of here."

"How?"

"You'll see. Cloak yourself and come down here."

"On my way." Annabelle then cast an illusion of herself reading at the table and headed towards Loki.

"There you are," Loki said as Annabelle approached his cell, out of view from cameras.

"Loki, what's happening?"

"In a moment, one of the engines will explode. A handful of soldiers will board this ship, and we'll escape."

"But then they'll know we're working together, and our plan will be ruined."

"Don't worry, I've got an idea," he said with a smile.

A moment later, there was an explosion that shook the floor. Annabelle then took out all the cameras in their vicinity with her magic.

"Now, to get you out of there," she said and walked over to the control panel.

"You read my mind."

It took Annabelle a few minutes to figure out how to work the strange device, but she soon got the hang of it.

"And... voila!" she said and the door to the cell opened.

"I couldn't stand being away from you for so long," he said, holding her close.

"I know. It killed me to see you being treated like that."

Something caught Loki's attention. "Do you hear that?"

"Yes... what is that?"

"Thor," they said in unison as the realization hit. The two then hid where they wouldn't be seen. Just as Thor was rushing in, Loki cast an illusion of himself in his cell with the door open. Thor lunged at his brother and fell flat on his face inside the cell. The door then locked. He was trapped. Loki then appeared at the control panel.

"Are you ever not going to fall for that?" Loki said.

Thor then hit the glass of the cell with Mjölnir, leaving a crack.

"The humans think us immortal. Should we test that?" Loki said.

"Loki, no!" Annabelle yelled.

"Annabelle, please!" he yelled back.

"Don't do this!"

"I have to. If we're going to rule, he must die."

"We don't need to rule! I will not rule beside you if you're going to be like this!"

"Is that so?" he said and looked at her angrily.

"I will not be a part of this nonsense!"

"I don't care. You will be my queen! Even if I have to make you!" He then bound her wrists with his magic and turned back to the control panel. Just before Loki could open the hatch and send his brother flying through the sky, Agent Coulson walked in.

"Move away, please," he said, his weapon pointed at the god. "You like this? We started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does. Do you want to find out?"

Just as Coulson turned on the gun, Loki stabbed him through the heart with his scepter.

"No!" Thor yelled as the agent fell to the floor. Loki's illusion faded. He then walked over to the control panel and let his brother fall to the Earth.

"You're going to lose, you know," Coulson said, looking up at Loki.

"Am I?"

"It's in your nature."

"Your heroes are scattered. Your floating fortress falls from the sky. Where is my disadvantage?"

"You lack conviction."

"I don't think I'm-"

Suddenly, Coulson's gun blasted Loki through a wall.

"Loki!" Annabelle screamed, unbound her wrists, and ran to her husband.

"So that's what it does."

"Loki, darling, are you alright?" Annabelle was worried beyond belief.

"I think so," he said, sitting up and leaning his head on Annabelle's chest. "We must go."

"In a minute, you're hurt," she insisted. A few moments later, they headed towards their own flying machine to leave.

"So this is your little army?" Annabelle said as they got on a quinjet.

"What I've gathered so far, yes," he said and they sat down.

"Where to?" one of the soldiers asked.

"Stark Tower," Loki replied.

"As in Tony?" Annabelle asked.

"Sadly..." Loki said.

"You didn't like him?"

"No, I didn't."

"Why not? He seemed charming," she said, he didn't seem that bad.

"He's annoying, and not to mention full of himself," he replied.

"Well, yes, but other than that he seemed fine."

"Oh, darling, you always see the best in people," he said, holding her hand.

"And you love me for it," she said, smiling.

"That I do."