Chapter 14

Thor and Annabelle had finally returned to Asgard - with both Loki and the Tesseract. The moment they entered the palace, guards had put countless chains on Loki. Annabelle hated that they did that to him. She wanted to go with him to go see the Allfather, but couldn't - neither could Thor.

Loki's footsteps echoed as he walked through the throne room, towards the Allfather.

"Loki," Frigga said.

"Hello, Mother. Have I made you proud?"

"Please, don't make this worse."

"Define 'worse'."

"Enough!" Odin said. "I will speak to the prisoner alone."

Frigga then walked out, leaving Loki with his father.

"I really don't see what all the fuss is about," Loki said with a laugh.

"Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes? Wherever you go, there is war, ruin, and death. All this because Loki desires a throne."

"It is my birthright."

"Your birthright was to die! Cast out. Alone. If I had not taken you in, you wouldn't be here now to hate me... Annabelle and Frigga are the only reasons you are still alive and you will never see them again. You will spend the rest of your days in the dungeons."

"You can't just take her away from me!" Loki yelled. He was beyond angry at this point.

"I can! And I have," Odin said, and motioned for the guards to take him away.

The guards escorted him to the dungeons. They walked past cell after cell until they reached the last one at the end of the hall. They put him inside and left.

"Well isn't this just wonderful!" Loki said.

"What?"

"Annabelle? Darling is that you?"

"Of course it's me. Who else would it be?"

"Oh, darling, it's good to hear your voice."

"Loki, what's wrong? What happened?"

"Odin... he banned me from ever seeing you again."

"He did what?!"

"Annabelle? Annabelle, where are you going?"

"To see the Allfather."

"Allfather?" she said, approaching him.

"Yes, my dear?"

"Did you ban Loki from seeing me?"

"I did. And I apologize. I never meant for you to get punished for his actions," he said sincerely. "I promise you will be able to see him on special occasions. Alright?"

"Thank you," she said. She knew that if she pressed any further, it wouldn't end well.

"I will not have this," she said to herself as she walked down the hall.

"Annabelle! Can we talk?" Thor asked from behind her.

"Of course. What is it?" she said, turning around, forcing a smile.

"I wanted to ask you about Loki."

"What about him?"

"Are the two of you alright after everything that happened in New York?"

"Yes, we're fine. He was only aggressive towards me about being his queen because of what happened to him while he was gone. I still love him the same, and I always will. He can't live without me, nor I him. We complete each other. We always have."

"Alright. I'll let you get back to what you were doing," Thor said, "I'll see you at dinner."

"See you then," she said with a smile. And with that, she continued to make her way to her and Loki's chambers.

A while later, Annabelle transported herself to Loki's cell.

"Annabelle?" Loki asked surprised, "My love, what are you doing here?"

"I came to bring you this," she said and with a wave of her hand, furniture appeared around the cell.

"Darling, I appreciate this, but you can't be here, if Odin finds out, he'll throw you down here too."

"Oh, don't worry about him. He's made our lives hard enough. And no one will suspect a thing. I've projected an illusion of myself in our chambers reading. No one will question it, not even your mother," she reassured.

"Well, you have everything all planned out, don't you?" he said with a grin.

"Why, of course! I learned from the best."