Prologue

Annabelle sat quietly in the library, reading one of her favorite books. Suddenly, the large doors swung open.

"Ah, Annabelle! There you are!" Thor boomed as he made his way over to her. "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

"Where have you been looking? You know I practically live in the library," she said, standing up. She placed her book on a table beside the fireplace.

"Well, the point is, I've found you!" he said with a big smile. "Come!" He took her hand and led her out of the library.

"Thor, where are you taking me?" she asked as they made their way through the palace.

"You'll see," he was grinning like a madman, so Annabelle knew something was up.

"You know, you should leave the scheming to your brother," she commented as they descended the stairs.

"Who said I was scheming?"

"Well, whatever it is that you're doing, you're not doing it well," Annabelle said and giggled.

"Hey!"

"I'm just saying... Now, what are you up to?" she asked. "I haven't seen Sif, the Warriors Three, you, or your brother all day! Which is odd, because Loki and I are always together."

"Don't you worry. Everything is fine!" he said, still smiling like crazy.

"The last time you said that everything was most certainly not fine. So you can't blame me."

"This time, everything is fine. And you're one to talk! You and Loki are almost always up to something."

Thor's comment made Annabelle smile. She remembered all the good times she and Loki had shared throughout the years since they met. Now, they're adults, but that never stopped Loki and Annabelle. They were always doing something mischievous.

"You have a point, but something is up. Thor, you're basically my brother. I know when you're trying to hide something from me, and right now is definitely one of those times!"

"Ok, now you have a point, but we're here, so I can't say anything else," Thor said, letting go of her hand. They were at the palace's entrance to the gardens. "Go on."

She opened the door and walked outside. She was hesitant; she had no idea what was going on. She soon came to a crossroads and didn't know which way to go. Suddenly, a rose appeared on the path to her right. She took it as a signal to go that way and hoped it would lead to some answers.

She continued following the roses, collecting them as she went. They were gorgeous. The petals were the most beautiful shade of red.

Eventually, she found herself at the very spot where she met Loki all those years ago. Everything was just as she remembered it. It was as beautiful as ever.

"You found me," said an all-too-familiar voice behind her.

"Yes, I did," she said and turned around to see Loki walking toward her. "Why'd you bring me here?"

"Well, darling, I wanted to talk to you somewhere special." He held out his hands, so she put down the flowers and took them.

"My love, the day we met was one of the best of my life. I didn't know it at the time, but that day, I met both my best friend and the love of my life... Darling, you are my everything, and all I want is for you to be by my side forever. Annabelle, without you, I am lost. So, my love..."

Loki got down on his knee, and a gorgeous ring appeared in his hand.

"Will you marry me?"

Tears began to form in Annabelle's eyes. "Yes! Of course, I will!" she said happily.

Loki then stood up and put the ring on her finger. He was happier beyond belief and kissed her lovingly.

"You'll be my queen?"

"Always"