{Ain't Shit}

CW: Self-confidence issues
Kurapika's POV

"Who the fuck just leaves in the middle of a memorial assembly? With his little sex buddy none the less! That's so rude! Imagine what Pietro would think about!" I complained to Melody and Baise over the phone.

"Melody I know you saw them leave, you were at the assembly too!"

Melody nodded.

Baise sighed, "It's a bit disrespectful but look at it from his point of view. Pietro was his best friend."

I set my phone down on my desk and shook my head, "No, I won't look at it in his point of view! I did't leave in the middle of Pario's funeral!"

Melody rolled her eyes, "Kurapika, you know that's different-"

"No I don't care!" I began to pull my hair up, "Disrespecting the dead is unbelievable! He's Mexican right? Don't they have that one holiday to honor the dead?"

"He's half Mexican, and yes they do." Baise sighed and set down her bag, "Why are you being so harsh on him?"

"Why are you not? He's an asshole!" I chuckled.

I tightened my ponytail and looked into the mirror, "I look gross...did I go to school looking like this?" I turned my attention back to my phone.

Baise nodded, "Yeah you did."

"Oh god," I touched my face, "I look fat."

I pulled my hair out and framed it around my face trying to hide my cheeks. I sat back and looked into the mirror and sighed, I still looked overweight.

"I wish I had a skinner face," I complained, "I have an okay body but my face...I look like a baby."

I pulled my hair back to get a better look ignoring my friends on the phone. My thoughts were louder than them. I studied my face as I held my hair back, I dropped my hair then re-studied my face.

"Kurapika!" My mom yelled from downstairs causing me to come back to reality.

"Yeah?" I yelled back.

"Come downstairs I need to talk to you!"

"Be right down!"

I looked back at the phone and sighed, "Bye guys, see you guys at school tomorrow."

I hung up on the call and sighed before running downstairs, "Yes?"

"Come help me with this, it's heavy."

"What is it?" I said walking over to help her.

"A new table for the patio, or beside the pool, I don't know yet..." she shrugged, "we can just figure it out once we put it together."

I shook my head, "You're always buying things."

"Well what else are you supposed to do with money?"

"Save up for your son's college fee." I smiled awkwardly, I've been waiting to ask my mom about this. I have no doubts that I'll get a scholarship and apparently neither do my parents but you always have to be prepared.

My mom chuckled, "No, no. You're getting a scholarship, you're way too smart for me and your dad pay for you to go to college."

I sighed, "But what if I don't get a scholarship? What then?"

"I would be extremely disappointed in you. I would also make you pay for it yourself so you have years of college debt." She smiled at me, "But I know that won't happen because you are extremely smart, and I have no doubt in you."

"I don't doubt myself either." I said confidently.

My mom laughed, "That's my baby. Now help me with this then you can go back to complaining about Leorio to your friends."

"You were listening?"

"I'm your mom, I'm always listening."

I shook my head, "Of course you are."

* * *

I shook my head then lifted it up, I grabbed my towel off the bathroom counter and began to dry my hair off.

As I was drying my hair off I heard my phone buzz. I looked over to see a message, I couldn't tell from who but I knew that I haven't heard that ringtone in awhile. How long has it been? A year? Two? Three? I couldn't remember.

I quickly put on my pajama shirt and shorts before I started to brush my hair. Whoever texted me can wait, I'm more important.

I finished brushing my hair than pulled it up into a ponytail then I grabbed my phone and walked out of the bathroom flicking off the light.

I got out my phone and began checking my notifications.

"Melody, Baise, Dad, Scotty, Instagram, and..." I paused, "Leorio."

I felt my face turn a bit red before I rolled my eyes, "No."

I cleared my notifications and walked into my room.

I sat down on my bed and proceed to scroll through all the messages Leorio sent me, "Three text and one missed call...pft, no way."

I turned off my phone and sighed, I turned over to the clock and checked the time, "Seven twenty-three."

I turned back to my ceiling. I was a bit confused, why would Leorio of all people be texting me? We barley have any actual conversations in school, so why digital?

I shouldn't worry about it though, nor care. He's an asshole to me anyway.