{We Both Know)

(CW: Racial slurs)
Leorio POV

I twisted the ring on my finger as I counted the minutes until lunch ended, but we just sat down at our table. If I do the math, I have 1,800 seconds.

"Leo, come on, let's get lunch," Shay tapped my shoulder.

I shook my head, "Nah, I don't have the money right now."

He chuckled, "Broke bitch."

I laughed softly. The truth is that I didn't find it funny. My family doesn't have a lot of money right now. I'm the source of income in my family, and I find it stupid to buy myself lunch when my siblings also need lunch. My siblings are my main priority, and that'll never change. It doesn't matter how hungry I am.

God, I was so tired. 

"You good?" Isaac sat down beside me, "you look weird."

"I'm tired, that's all," I responded with a smile.

"You don't eat," He handed me an orange, "so, eat this."

"Eat it? Damn, bro, I thought I was supposed to skin it then take out it's large intestine," I joked.

"Surgery joke," He awkwardly laughed, "Funny."

I leaned over the table, "Look, man, don't make things look awkward between us. As far as everyone else knows, we never did anything. If anyone suspects anything y te parto tu madre."

"I don't speak Spanish—"

"Too bad," I leaned back as the other came back to our table.

I ran my fingers through my hair. I could tell this day won't get better. My day hasn't been shitty, but I've been down and stressed out. I was scared to go home because Ashley was moving in, and I got a weird feeling about her. I also don't want to "meet" her kids or have them move in. I can barely deal with five younger siblings. Add more to that, yikes.

"Yo blackie," Jake flicked my head, "talk to us."

"Don't call me that," I mumbled, "Seriously."

"Chill, I was getting your attention. Some girl is looking at you."

"Who wouldn't want to look at me," I joked.

"Yeah, you're so very sexy," Isaac laughed.

"I know," I winked at him.

Should I have winked at him? No, I shouldn't have. After I winked at him, he laughed awkwardly and looked away. Fucking asshole.

I glanced over at the girl. She looked familiar, but I couldn't remember who she was.

"You know her?"

"Yeah, I don't know her name. I do know her body," I chuckled.

"Speaking of body," Jake smirked, "Who was that hot blond at your house? I went over Saturday to hang out with you, but you weren't home, though some hottie was."

"Just my dad's girlfriend. They've been dating for like a year without me knowing. Xiomara knew, but I didn't."

"Xiomara's hot as hell," Shay whistled, "She's fine."

"Don't talk like that," I complained, "She's my sister, bro."

"I just want to make you an uncle."

"I will punch you," I replied, "I will. So, say it, let me hear it again. I fucking dare you."

"Sorry," Shay licked his lips, "What else about your dad's girl?"

"She's moving in with her kids tonight, not too eager to go home."

* * *

I opened the front door and sighed, "Hola, lo siento, llego tarde—"

I stared back at the two kids in front of me. The kids weren't staring at me when I came inside. But the second I started speaking Spanish, they looked over. They are not my dad's other kids. Pale white skin and strawberry-blonde hair, ew. I knew who they were, Lily and James. I never talked to them before I saw them, at least.

"Uh, hi?" I shut the door behind me, "Are you two Ashley's kids?"

No answer.

"I'm Leorio, and I live here," I smiled, "Hi."

Weird ass white kids. 

I walked past them and upstairs. I need to talk to my sister.

"Xiomara," I opened her bedroom door, "Do you know why Ashley's kids are weird?"

Xiomara had her hand on his chest, "Jesus fuck Leorio! Why didn't you knock?"

"You share a room with Rose. It's not like you would be doing anything spooky."

She scoffed, "I could've been changing!"

"Xo, come on. You're doing homework, besides, I changed your diaper, bathed you till you were four, changed you till you were eight."

"I've grown boobs since then, dumbass!" She yelled.

"Sorry, sorry. I'll knock next time," I sat down on a beanbag chair.

We sat in awkward silence. I refuse to say anything until Xiomara answers my question.

Xiomara rolled her eyes, "No, I don't know why they're being weird. It might be because you didn't even talk to them when they came over. You ate, then went to your room to do who knows what."

Oh, I know what I did. I went into my room to smoke, then my dad came in, so plans changed, and I visited Mia's house.

"Alright," I sighed and stood up, "Talk to you later."

"That's all you wanted to talk about?" She asked skeptically.

I hesitated, "Uh, yeah, pretty much."

"Nothing you need to tell me?"

"No?" I lied.

I didn't need to tell her anything. I should speak to her about Mia. 

Xiomara sighed, "Alright."

"You sound upset," I mumbled.

"Wanted to talk to my brother, that's all."

"Aww, Xiomara," I laid down on the bed beside her, "You're the sweetest sister ever. I love you. I remember when you were five, and had to ask me to tie your shoes, but funny thing is that I didn't know how to tie mine either. I also remember when you peed your pants on a roller coaster that 'one' time—"

"Alright, that's enough from you. Go to your room young man," She pushed me off her bed with a smile, "I love you too dork, now go! Out! I have homework to do and so do you!"

"Aye, so rude." I laughed as I let her be.