one | protective

ATHENA

I wonder if hell feels like this.

"Athena!" He screams as my back is against the door. "Open the door!"

He's pounding on the door and my back feels the door move with every pound.

"Who the fuck is that?" The other man in front of me whisper-yells at me as I continuously check the handle to see if the door is locked.

"Open! The! Door! Athena!" He yells, pounding on it more.

"Athena, what the hell is happening?" The man in front of me questions as he looks at me and then the door that's almost being cracked open. "Who the fuck is that?"

This is definitely hell.

"I know your in there!"

"Who is he?"

"Athena! Open the damn door! We need to talk!"

"Who is he and what does he want with you?"

Shut up!

"Don't let him in." I quickly say after looking out the peephole.

"Why not? Who is he?" Reid asks, looking down at me and then the door.

All of the lights were turned off. I don't know why I keep avoiding that question.

"Athena, who is he?" Reid asks again.

"Reid, I'm really scared." I admit, looking down.

"Why? Who is he?" He questions as I feel the door being hit harder.

"My ex. We were supposed to get married to tie the mafias together but then you and I got married and when I broke up with him he got really really angry, like really angry, and he like threw shit around and he was very violent-"

Reid doesn't interrupt me but he grabs my shoulders and pushes me aside before unlocking the door and swinging it open.

"Do you need something?" He harshly asks.

"Where's Athena?" Jeremy, my ex asks, trying to look around inside but Reid makes sure to block his view. I feel myself backing into the corner so he doesn't see me.

I'm not always like this. I just really hate how Jeremy was the last time we saw each other. Which was before I married Reid.

I didn't marry Reid because I love him, I married Reid because I had to.

I wouldn't have agreed to marry Jeremy if I knew he could be violent. He knew what I hated, he knew what happened with my family, he knew that all violence scares me, but he still did it.

"What do you need with my wife?" Reid glares at him.

"Your wife? She already got fucking married? What the fuck?" I can hear his voice raise and when he kicks the door, I feel myself flinch. "That bitch!"

Reid's eyes dart to me when he sees me flinch and then back to Jeremy.

"I need you to leave." Reid demands.

"Just let her know that I want to talk to her, okay?" Jeremy says, trying to sound as calm as possible but I'm pretty sure Reid can tell he's anything but calm.

When Jeremy's footsteps start to walk away, Reid closes the door.

I'm not always this weak.

I'm not even weak.

"Are you okay?"

No.

"I'm fine."

I'm really not.