thirteen | the mystery of how a single person can make everything better

ATHENA

"Stop throwing a fucking fit." Reid growls as I sit on the floor with my arms crossed.

"I'm. Not. Going." I say through gritted teeth.

"You have to." He rolls his eyes.

"No I don't. I'm not fucking going." I glare at him with his hands on his hips.

What a mom pose.

"You don't have a choice." He states, walking over to me. "Your going."

"I'm not- What are you doing?" I ask when he bends over and puts his hands on my waist, picking me up, fixing his posture, and placing me on his shoulder. "Put me down!"

"Your going."

"I don't want to go."

"You don't have a choice."

"Why?"

"Because it would look weird if I was at your parents house alone." He grunts as he adjusts my position on his shoulder.

"It wouldn't be weird." I roll my eyes as he walks down the stairs. "Just go without me!"

"No." He huffs. "Why don't you want to go?"

Maybe it's because my fathers an abusive asshole.

"I don't want to hear what my dad has to say about me not being pregnant." I say, with honesty. It's true, but I rather not visit such a sad place. So many unwanted memories. I managed to block out a few over the years but I shudder with the thought about the place.

"I'll talk for you." He says.

I try to look at his face but all I see is his back and his perfect ass.

"I can't tell if your being serious."

He snorts.

"Seriously, I can't see your face." I roll my eyes.

"I always keep my word. I'll talk for you." He repeats in the same tone of voice he always has.

"You better." I say, confident that he will keep his word. I mean he did say he wouldn't have sex with me until I return the same feelings he has about me towards him, and he kept his word.

When he sets me down, on the concrete in front of the car, I dust myself off and look back up at him.

"You might want to change your shirt." I state, pointing at his chest.

"Why?" He asks, staring at me instead of looking down at his shirt.

"There's a wet spot." I grin.

He looks at the spot on his shirt and finds that I'm not lying.

"Get in the car." He orders, opening the door for me.

"You still need to change your shirt." I shrug, beginning to get into the car.

"Your driving me fucking insane, woman." He mutters under his breath.