eleven | spit

ATHENA

"He's dead! He's dead!" A voice chants as I awake from my sleep.

I squint my eyes at the light.

"Mama calm down. People die all the time." A deep voice replies.

"Yeah but your father doesn't just die! Something happened." The voice cries. Literally. They sound like their sobbing.

I get out of bed and grab the nearest thing to put on me. It's a little cold.

Lucky for me, it's a robe. A huge thick robe.

I head to the restroom and brush my teeth before going downstairs for some coffee. I have a light hangover.

"Mama, I will try to figure out what happened." Reid's voice sounds clearer as I get closer to the kitchen. "Just quiet down, your going to wake up Athena."

"Your wife shouldn't be sleeping. She should help you! If it wasn't for your father you wouldn't even be married." Reid's mom says as I walk into the kitchen.

"Morning." I state, looking at the scene. Is it just me or is Reid shirtless? "Woah."

"Athena, did you hear yet?" Reid's mom asks me, dabbing her eyes with a tissue.

"No I haven't heard anything." I reply, trying to smile innocently but I'm extremely tired.

"My father died." Reid states and a sob breaks out of his mom.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." I gasp, bringing Reid's mom into a hug. She looks like she needs it. She immediately hugs me back and cries into my robe.

I look at Reid who is already staring at me. He has a little emotion in his face. He seems confused. Or like he's trying to figure something out. Figure me out.

Shit, he's trying to figure out if I remember last night.

I do. I remember last night.

I try to erase the memory of seduction. I remember him stating that he loves me. I remember him saying he wouldn't do anything with me until I feel the same way about him.

God, is he actually going to make me wait for him?

Okay, so I'm not usually this upset over no sex.

With Jeremy, it was just sex. And since he is dead, I have no regrets admitting that he couldn't do it for me. He couldn't make me cum. Or even wet.

If Reid just breathes I feel the need to take a cold shower.

I'm like an animal. In heat.

Reid's face tells me he figured out that I remember yesterday. But he's still making the same face. What else is he trying to figure out about me?

"Reid, we need to make funeral arrangements." Reid's mom states, breaking away from the hug and walking over to Reid.

"Yes mama, I'm already on it." He reassures her.

"Good." She nods, looking between Reid and I.

"Have you guys been trying to get pregnant?" She asks and it takes me completely by surprise.