three | dinner plans

ATHENA

If anyone could feel my skin right now, they wouldn't be able to stop feeling me. My skin is soft. Smooth. Everyone would want to touch me.

I like to admire myself. Lately I've been admiring my skin. It's been nicer and I've been paying more attention to it. Since Jeremy was out of the picture, and I was, mentally, single, self care and self love have been my number one priority.

My skin care routine takes ten minutes to complete. Is ten minutes completely necessary? Absolutely.

We had dinner with our families today. Reid and I had got here first. We hadn't eaten all day, so Reid went ahead and ordered first after getting an exclusive room from the rest of the restaurant.

Reid's parents had came after us, we were only waiting on my family now. I don't know why we are doing this whole 'family' gathering, and I'm not so thrilled to find out why.

"No. None of these are the right ones." Reid complains as he has the waiter take back the food he ordered for the both of us for the second time, all while pulling me out of my train of thought. "We didn't order any of these."

"Reid, give the guy a break." I look between the both of them and I see the waiter give me a faint smile but it drops when his gaze goes back to Reid. "You made the guy go back already."

"Don't look at my wife, and go back to that kitchen and bring us the food we ordered." He demands and the waiter quickly walks away.

I decide to kill time by asking Reid a question.

"Do you know why we have to have dinner with our families?" I whisper to Reid, leaning closer to him.

"They wanted to talk about our marriage." Reid shortly explains, looking at the door and then back at me. "I'm not so sure though."

Weird.

My family was running late.

I have theories on why they are late.

One, my dad is being a prick.

Two, my mom wanted to go buy some liquor to bring to dinner.

Three, Devi locked herself in her bedroom.

Four, my dad's being an asshole.

I take a sip of my wine as the door to the restaurant opens.

I turn my head as I see my father walk in first, followed by my mother, and Devi is last but very fashionable.

Devi takes her sunglasses off before sitting in the seat next to me.

"Thena, I haven't seen you since the wedding." She says, pulling me into a hug.

"That was like over a month ago. Why haven't you visit?" I ask, pulling away from the hug.

"Because I thought you needed time to cope." She responds, leaning back in her seat. "You know, with the whole marriage, moving into a new house, getting out of a three-year relationship, and most recently, the guy you were in that three-year relationship died."

"I still think a visit from my little sister would be comforting." I shrug as I notice both sets of parents, Reid's parents and my parent's, staring at Reid and I.

I look at my mom's face and I can already tell that whatever they are about to announce, it's not going to be good.

"We have a few things we need to discuss." Reid's father begins, clearing his throat as I grab my glass of wine.

"About what?" Reid questions, one eyebrow raised up.

"So, according to traditions," Reid's mother says as her eyes dart from her husband, Reid, my father, my mother, my sister, the glass of wine I have in my hand, and me. "You two were supposed to go on a honeymoon and come back expecting."