five | very fertile

ATHENA

I don't wake up with a massive headache. I'm not even hungover. The doughnuts and coffee definitely helped. When I went into the kitchen this morning, ready to go wherever Reid said we had to go, he gave me a cup of coffee, the same coffee he made for me last night. The coffee tastes exactly how I like my coffee.

I'm currently in the car staring out the window as Reid has a driver drive us to wherever we are going.

We don't have our flight until later, so wherever we are going, it's a surprise to me.

I'm wearing something comfortable since we are going on a flight later.

The car comes to a stop and I look to see where we are. We are at some fertility clinic.

"What are we doing here?" I ask.

"You know how we have to follow tradition?" Reid asks and I nod. "I know how you feel about it so I thought this would be easier for you."

"Are we getting a surrogate?"

"No, both of our parents would immediately disapprove, artificially insemination would be the better option." He explains.

It really isn't. I would still be pregnant.

He gets out of the car and I do the same.

We enter the clinic together and I immediately feel nervous.

I've never been in a fertility clinic before.

Everything that happens, it happens in a blur.

We meet with one of the doctors and we discuss why we are here.

"So your not having trouble getting pregnant?" The doctor asks, I believe her name is Kara.

"No, we just want to get artificially inseminated." Reid corrects.

"Okay, but are you guys positive you can't get pregnant?" Kara, I think, asks.

I nod and Reid nods.

"I would like to do some tests." She looks between the both of us.

Reid does his test and I do an examine.

Unfortunately for me, I have to get into the hideous hospital gown. I made Reid wait outside by the door.

It doesn't take long until the examination is done. I quickly change into my clothes and exit the room.

Reid did what he had to do.

I rather not explain what Reid had to do. But he did what he had to do, very quickly, and got it done.

We were back in Kara's office. We had fast results.

"Your both very fertile." She announces.

"We still want the insemination." Reid says, completely dismissing her statement.

"What's the percentage of getting pregnant?" I ask.

"I'm ninety-nine point nine percent certain that you can get pregnant the traditional way." She quickly responds. Reid and I both stare at her. "The traditional way is sex."

"We know what the traditional way is." Reid sighs frustrated. "We still want the inse-"

"I'm not doing the insemination for you." She interrupts him.

"Why not?" I ask, anger is beginning to spread through my veins.

"Because, both of you are completely capable of having sex and having a high chance of getting pregnant, the insemination would just be a waste of time." She explains, carefully and honestly. "And it would just be a waste of money for you."

"You know what is a waste of time? Talking to you, cunt!" I snap, getting up from my seat.

"Mrs. Laurent, I'm going to need you to calm down-"

"Who are you to tell us we can't 'waste' our money?" I interrupt her as Reid begins to stand up. "Well? If we want to get an artificial insemination, then we are going to get one bitch."

"Yeah there's no way I'm doing the insemination. Security!" She yells as I begin to walk off. I exit whatever her name's office and head straight for the exit of the whole damn clinic. Reid's presence is visible as he follows me.

"You can't yell at her Athena-"

He's got a point.

"Your right, I'm going back in there to beat her ass." I turn right back around but Reid is much faster than me.

The next thing that Reid does takes me by complete surprise. He picks me up, and puts me over his shoulder. My stomach is touching his shoulder. My bare stomach. My shirt rode up. He has strong arms. His shoulder would be a nice place to grip.

"Put me down-"

When he finally puts me down on my feet, I feel things. Wet things.

Reid must see my face as arousal courses through my veins. I can't actually be turned on by that. Right? I think he can tell what's going on with me, so he looks away. My eyes might be playing tricks with me since I'm turned on but he may have a boner. My eyes are definitely playing tricks with me.

"Sorry." He mutters, still looking away from me.

"I'm going to take a nap."

What I really need is a cold shower.

"Where?" Reid asks and I come to the realization that the car is nowhere near us.

"In the car- Where the fuck is the car?" I cross my arms as I look around for the car.

"I'll call the driver." Reid responds, walking away as he pulls his phone out, dialing a number before putting his phone up to his ear. He demands something quickly before hanging up, turning off his phone, stuffing his phone back into his pocket.

It doesn't take long for the car to be right in front of us.

I enter the car and immediately let my head rest completely against the seat. I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding and stare back out the window.

A honeymoon, for two people who barely know each other, just to make a baby. It makes me want to gag. Just the thought of the next eighteen years. I think I might actually vomit.

I open the car door, exit, and barf.

"What the hell- Are you okay?" Reid asks, as I expect more vomit to come out.

"Yes I'm perfectly fine." I state once I realize there's no more vomit. I wipe my mouth with the sleeve of my jacket and take off the jacket before I enter the car again. "Do you have any gum?"

Reid just shakes his head but the driver hands me a stick of gum.

"Thank you."

The drive continues. Reid is like a statue, per usual. The driver hums a song. I chew gum while looking out the window, hating my father even more with each passing mile we drive.