fifteen | feelings and not finishing

ATHENA

It's been a week since the thunderstorm and Reid hasn't slept on the couch since.

I like the new sleeping arrangements. Especially since I get to wake up in Reid's arms everyday.

When I woke up after the thunderstorm, I was actually happy. And since then I've been happy.

Today, I don't wake up in his arms. I frown immediately but stop when the smell enters my nostrils.

Reid's cooking.

I hurry up with my morning routine. Teeth, hair, skin.

And then I rush down the stairs and enter the kitchen to see the best sight ever.

Reid, shirtless, at the stove, cooking.

He's singing too. Not loud like I do when I shower but light. He's loud enough so I can tell what song he's singing.

I do a small gasp when I realize what song he's singing.

Fantasy.

Mariah Carey.

The song I created a routine to.

"Good morning." He says.

"Good morning." I respond, walking closer to him. "Your very hot."

"I can turn on the air conditioning." He states and I gape my mouth open.

His voice had a tone, like he was joking.

"Was that a joke?" I ask.

"Yes, it was." He confirms and I grin. "What?"

"You joked around me." I answer, not being able to bite my smile back.

"I did." He looks towards me for a second before paying attention back to his cooking. "Did the joke make you laugh?"

"It did." I nod even though I didn't laugh. "What are you making? I'm starving."

"Eggs Benedict." He answers.

I wipe my mouth when I begin to drool.

"Do you want to help?" He looks at me as I look into his eyes.

I would but the last time I was asked to help, Jeremy had almost burned my hand because I messed up.

"No," I shake my head. "I'm not really good at cooking. Or anything."

"Your perfect." He states, staring into my eyes for a few more seconds before changing his attention on the food. "The food will be done soon."

I just nod.

If Jeremy had done the bare minimum, which is basically treating me like an actual person, than maybe I would have opened the door for him on the day I started paying more attention to Reid. It was also the day Jeremy died.

Reid does the bare minimum. He does more than the bare minimum but he would be over the bar if he would have sex with me.

I never got a complaint about my sex skills. But that's because I know how to fake it and make it look real.

A timer dings and it pulls me out of my train of thought.

"Breakfast." He says as he hands me a plate.

I take the plate and look at it. It looks and smells delicious. The way Reid had placed the eggs benedict, makes it look appetizing.

"Thank you." I smile as I walk over to the other side of the island and take a seat on one of the stools.