nineteen | the news

ATHENA

Father's been missing for two weeks. It was well overdue. Karma's a bitch. But sometimes Karma can be your best friend.

I asked Reid to look into it since my beautiful and sincere mother is worried even though that asshole has put her, Devi, and me through hell.

He promised he would. He is. I think. I don't hope though.

Trinity has reached out to me, somethings up with her though. Trinity knows how it feels for a father to go missing. Legally.

Devi is spending more time at home. Home is technically my house. My mom was scared for their safety since father is no where to be seen. She's been sleeping at our house since, my mom has been spending the night over at Trinity's mom's house. They are both supposed to go back tonight though.

"You want to go for a drive?" Reid asks, already walking over to the front door to grab his keys on the table by the door.

Before I could respond, Devi answers, "I would but I have to study."

I turn my head to glare at Devi.

"Devi, I'm very happy, ecstatic even, that your going to spend the next few hours studying, but I don't think Reid was asking you." I state, getting up from my seat and walking over to the door.

"Whatever, I'll call you when I get home." Devi says, glaring back at me as I put on my shoes.

"Mom's picking you up, right?" I ask just to make sure. After all, she's still my little sister.

"Yeah." She answers. "I'll eat your leftovers."

"Sounds good." I shrug as Reid opens the front door. I check my pockets to make sure I have my phone. I do.

I walk out of the house with Reid following behind.

"Where are we going?" I ask as I walk to the passenger side of the car. Reid doesn't usually drive, this is rare.

"We'll figure it out." He answers.

I hope so.

I touch my neck softly as he begins to drive. Most of the bruising has gone away, but there's still a faint color. I can't tell if Reid saw through me, through the makeup. I hated wearing makeup to sleep and waking up extra early in the morning just to cover it up.

I stopped putting on the makeup since my neck is basically healed. If you look closely though, you can see the bruising.

Reid is always observing, so I'm surprised he hasn't seen it yet.

My outfit is comfortable but still sexy. I'm wearing shorts that end at my mid thigh, kind of, they slide up a lot, and an oversized shirt.

I think it may be Reid's.

I'm not entirely sure.

But I also don't care.

"We should get some throw pillows." I point out. I've been meaning to get them for the couch but they always slip my mind. "The couch looks boring without anything on it."