How could you do this?

I stared at his wrists. how could I have never seen these before? Newt always wore sweaters. about 12 scars rested deep in his skin on each of his wrists. they were from self-harm. "Newt". I said as he gently opened his eyes.

Newts's POV

I woke up and saw Tonmy, what a nice veiw to wake up to. I felt my arm being squeezed and look down to see my wrist in Tommy's hand-he was staring at my scars. I quickly pulled my wrist back and rolled down my sleeve. "what were you doing, Tommy"? I asked even thought it was obvious. He looked at me with tears in his eyes. "Newt, what were YOU doing"?

I rolled over so I couldn't see his face and began to sob. I felt Tommy stroke my cheek from behind me. "hey, Newt it's okay. Just please tell my why you did this". I turned around and looked at him. He was so perfect and I was a mess. "I hated myself".

Thomas's POV

Those three words broke me. I began to cry too. "why? How could you ever hate yourself?" I asked hoping this was all some nightmare. on the outside Newt looked fine. But once I got to know him, on the inside I realized he was broken. "I-I just did. I didn't want to live, Tommy. Life wasn't good, I had no friends, my alcoholic dad broke my guitar which was the only thing I cared about". I was hurting inside. "What about you, Newt? Did you care about you?" Newt looked at the floor. "No.." He said quietly. I grabbed his chin and looked at him in the eyes. "Newt you mean the world to me, please tell me that you won't do this again". he just looked at me and nodded. I put my hand on his leg and he winced. "sorry I said I forgot about your.." "limp"? He continued. "Ya that was from trying to kill myself, too. I jumped." he confessed. I hugged him tightly. "Newt I just don't know what to say, just don't ever, ever jump again". I said as I cried. then Newt began to kiss me. it tasted salty from mixing with our tears but I didn't care. It was passionate and long. Newt rolled on top of me as I opened my mouth more and I moaned slightly, when I did I could feel Newt smile through the kiss. then I heard the door downstairs open and close.