Chapter Seven;

I sit down in my seat, taking out a notebook and a pencil to write notes. It isn't the fact I need to take notes, I just simply get bored in class. I find science the most fascinating though. I like to hear about what everything is made out of and learn more about space. When I was younger, my father showed a great interest in science. He used to read me books on atoms and protons when I didn't have anything to do. I think that is where my interest in science came from.

I try to write down notes, but a piece of folded lined paper flies on my desk. I look around the class room and see everyone else is also writing notes. I look behind me and see a grinning Sebastian. Why can't he just focus like everyone else and write notes? It's not that hard.

I unfold the piece of paper and read it's contents.

''You should turn around more often, I'm getting tired of seeing the back of your head.''

I pick up my pencil to reply.

''Shut up.''

I fold up the note and toss it on his desk. I watch as he opens it, a small chuckle escaping his mouth. A few moments later, the note makes it's way back on my desk. I open it up.

''I just miss your face, okay?''

I frown at the note. He sees my face constantly, considering he's in all my classes. And if he misses my face, can't he just look at someone else's face? It's just a face.

''Focus.''

I toss the note back again, moments later the note is landed on my desk.

''I can't focus, I can only think of you.''

I feel my face heat up. I immediately crumble up the paper, knowing I don't know how to deal with this type if matter. I shove the note in my book bag and try to focus on my notes again. Sebastian tends to act like a coquette.

I look out the window, noticing the leaves are starting to fall a little. Fall is coming soon. I would be able to remember all the memories I made with my friends when we went trick or treating or had Halloween parties, but I'd be lying to myself. My usual Halloween consist of, watch anime Halloween specials, while eating candy Aunt Red buys me every year to cheer me up.

It's not that I want to hang out with anyone on Halloween , anyway. I'm perfectly fine alone. I don't need useless memories of going door to door, asking strangers for candy, while dressed up like a goon. I'm more mature than that.

I guess I was so lost in thought that I didn't hear the bell ring.

''Come on, Ciel.'' I hear Sebastian say, waving his hand in front of my face.

I still don't understand why Sebastian is fond of me. There isn't any thing special about me. On top of that, he is extremely popular, meaning he could hang around any one he desires. Yet, he hangs around me like a lost puppy. His presence has gotten slightly less annoying, but the annoyance is still there.

It's just unusual for someone to talk to me and be with me. It almost frightens me for some odd reason. My feelings turn into anxiety. All those years I've been alone, why now is someone trying to break my walls down? What happens if I don't want to let anyone in? I don't want to get hurt again. I don't want to feel pain, again. If I'm alone, I'm guaranteed that no one will hurt me, maybe my own true thoughts will, but it's better than watching the people you love fade away from you. And, to keep people from fading away from me, I simply faded away myself. I've been doing it greatly for years. Not one person tries to get to know me truly, no one sat with me, no one asked if I wanted to hang out over the weekend or go to a public place. Forget about dating, I can't even make a simple friend. This is my life, this is how I live.

''Is something on your mind?'' He asks.

''Not at all.'' I reply, leaving the room.

I can hear him catching up behind me. I try to fasten up my pace, quicker and quicker. I run to my locker, quickly. I slam my locker shut and run to my next class. Due to the fact Sebastian is obviously more fit than I, he catches up with me rather quickly. I feel his hand on my wrist and I am being dragged towards the doors. He opens the doors, forcing me outside with him.

I can feel the warm, yet soon chilly air brush against my skin. I take a deep breath and try to calm down my sudden anxiety. I look over, to see a disquiet Sebastian. I snatch my wrist out of his tight grip and rub the area. His grip was too hard and it hurt.

He sit in silence for awhile, before he speaks up.

''I can tell something is wrong with you. Why can't you tell me what is wrong?''

I just ignore him. I don't feel like telling him what's wrong. It won't benefit me in any way. It doesn't concern him, either. Is this really what he forced me to skip class for?

''Ciel, if anything is wrong you can tell me.''

''There's nothing to talk about.'' I reply.

''Obivously, there is. If nothing was wrong, you wouldn't of ran of like that for no reason.''

''I can run if I feel like to.''

''Why are you being so complicated?''

''I'm aloud to be complicated.''

''Ciel! What is wrong with you? Why can't you just let me be an actual friend to you? Why are you always shutting me out? Do you think you're better off alone and you need no one? Tell me! Because, honestly, I'm trying everything for you to acknowledge me more than just some face.''

''Sebastian.''

I take a deep breath.

''We can never be friends.''

With that, I walk back inside. Letting my feelings become numb.