Chapter 6:

Rafe

I watched as he kissed her and pulled her in. Her eyes grew wide and her skin glowed in the moonlight. My feet started to move alone and I was standing next to them in seconds. My breath was heavy, my fist crashed into JJ's face and he slammed to the ground, he recovered quickly and stood up taking a swing at me. He hit me pretty hard and moved back leaving some space between us " What the fuck Rafe?" he said spitting blood on the cold sand.

I looked at him, my breath still heavy, my heart beating fast. I turned to look at her, her face was full of worry and she glared at me " I-I" I stuttered " Just go" she said a tear rolling her cheek " No" I said to her " Not unless you come with me" JJ's jaw dropped to the floor and Eve looked at me with empty eyes. She kissed JJ and told him she'd see him tomorrow and she walked in front of me.

I was surprised as how quickly she had agreed to come with me. I don't know what changed but I wanted Eve for myself. She climbed on behind me on the bike not uttering a single word. Her small hand wrapped around me as I drove back to my house. " What are we doing here?" she said her voice low " Come inside please" I begged her.

She followed me inside and I went upstairs, I pulled her by her wrists to enter my room. She sat on the bed and looked around. Her head was low " Look at me, Eve" I said to her. She lifted her head with tears in her eyes " No. Don't cry" I said cupping her face " What do you want Rafe?" she asked me, tired " I don't know" I admitted.

We stood there looking at each other silently. I took a deep breath, I tugged at my hair and paced around the room " Fuck Eve" I said. Her eyes followed me and she stood up and walked to me. Her hands grabbed my arm and she pulled me closer. Our lips crashed into each other, a passionate kiss. " I don't know either" she said softly, pulling away. My grip tightened, I didn't want to let her go.

" I hate you, I should but after that kiss, I don't know" she said, tears staining her perfect face. " You aren't good for me" she said, her words slicing through me. " I'm not" I looked at her one more time and let go of her. Her breath was heavy as she looked at me. " You're bleeding" she said " Sit" she sat me down on the chair and she disappeared in my bathroom. She came out with a cloth and some alcohol. The warm cloth brushed against my wound and I winced in pain " Sorry" she said applying pressure.

My hand moved onto hers to help apply pressure, the feeling of my skin touching her sent shocks through my body. I put the cloth down and pulled her onto me, cradling her in my lap. I slowly kissed her cheek, then her jaw. Her head fell back and I felt lust, I had never felt before. She brushed against me and my legs stiffened.

Her eyes opened suddenly and pulled her self off me " I better go" she said rushing out the door. I fell onto the bed, he scent still on my shirt and slept peacefully.

The next morning I went to get my drugs from Barry." Hey" I said sitting down on his couch " Here" he handed me a packet of cocaine. " Two hundred" he said putting his hand out " Here" I said throwing the money at him. " I heard about JJ and Eve" he said challenging me " Yeah and?" I tried to brush it off " You hit him pretty hard" he said chuckling " Whatever" I stood up and slammed the door behind me.