Chapter 13:

Eve

I went out to buy some groceries. I had left Rafe asleep, I walked into the kitchen and called out for him, he didn't answer. He must still be asleep. I put everything in the cupboards and sat on the couch. I watched some T.V. I went upstairs and opened my bedroom door slightly. When I walked in, he wasn't in bed, the drawer he used was empty and his bag was gone.

I switched on my phone but I had no messages or calls. " Maybe he left to put his things back home, it's his last night here anyway" I said to myself and sat back on the couch. My phone rang and ran to it, my face dropped when I saw my mother's name on the screen I picked it up and she told me that she'd be home tomorrow morning.

I decided to go to Rafe's. Sarah and the other's were at John B's. I walked to his house and I stopped looking at his front door, his car was in the driveway. I knocked and the door opened on it's own. I walked in and called for Sarah but no one answered. I went upstairs and I heard rustling coming from Rafe's room, suddenly I heard a moan. My heart stopped and my eyes started to water.

I ran down stairs and went home. I sat in a corner in my room, cradling myself, I had mascara running down my face. I stayed there for at least an hour. I finally got the strength to get up. I had a shower, I sat on my bed staring at the wall, my heart aching. My phone rang, JJ's name was on the screen. I answered but said nothing " Open the door" he said and hung up. I walked down and opened the door.

He rushed in and hugged me " I'm sorry" I said to him crying " shhhh. It's okay" he said, running his hand through my hair. " How did you know?" I asked him and pulled away " Sarah and I went to get some booze and him and another gir-" he stopped himself " No. Continue" I snapped at him " him and another girl went upstairs. Then I saw you enter the house. But Sarah called for me and I left" he said. I nodded and dried my eyes. I stood up straight and looked him in the eye " Are you still going to that party?" I asked him " Yeah, we're going there but I stopped here before." He gave me a small smile " Let me get dressed. I'm coming with you".

I got dressed in my new gold dress, I got for my birthday and went down stairs, looking my best " You sure, you're okay?" he asked me concerned " We weren't even together" I scuffed. I wasn't sad anymore, that sadness turned into anger. I entered the huge house, people dancing on tables, some kissing, some drunk and some probably high. I took about 6 shots and I walked to the middle of the crowd and danced like it was the last night of my life.

I felt JJ's hand wrap around me, I moved closer. I danced and brushed against him. I looked at him, my lips crashed into his and he pulled me closer " Rafe" I said to him. His face dropped as I watched him walk away. I slapped myself but I was too drunk to think, so I kept on dancing.