Chapter 21:

Eve

I sat on my bed crying. I stared at the wall, blankly. My tears had stopped and I knew that it was the right thing to do but it hurt like a bitch. I went down stairs to get some water. I made a sandwich and switched on the T.V. I didn't have a lot of energy, I ended up sleeping on the couch. My phone rang and I saw Sarah's name appear on the screen. " Hello?" I said, my voice sleepy " Eve?" She said, panic evident in her voice " What's wrong?" I asked, jumping off the couch " It's Rafe" she said crying " What happened?" I snapped at her " He's in the hospital. He...He over dosed" " I'm coming!" I said and ran out of the house. I took my mum's car and drove to the hospital never pulling my feet off the gas.

I stormed into the hospital and met Sarah in the lobby. We rushed into his room and I burst the door open. Rafe was holding his head in his hands. He looked up and our eyes met. Ward stepped out of the room and left us alone, closing the door. " Eve. Let me explain" Rafe said standing up " What is wrong with you?! You were doing so well" I said yelling at him " I know" his voice was weak " I'm sorry" I said, slowly walking to him. He sat back down and I saw his muscles relax " I wasn't thinking. I needed it to stop" he admitted, a sad look forming on his face. " You needed what to stop?" I asked gently " The pain" a tear rolled down his cheek and one on mine " I couldn't bare the fact that I had lost you. It was too painful" His words made my heart break into a million pieces " I know. It hurt me too" I admitted " Then why did you do it?" he asked, lifting my chin with his index finger.

" I was angry and hurt." " So you didn't mean it" his face started to glow " No, I did" his face dropped once again " But it doesn't mean I don't love you with everything I have" He nodded and gulped " So this is it" he said and I nodded " I'm sorry" my stomach hurt " Just promise me one thing" he said before I left " Anything" I turned to face him " Don't fall for him" he was exhausted and I knew exactly who he was talking about. I nodded and walked out. " He'll be fine" Ward said to me " I know". I got into my mother's car and drove to my house. I parked the car and walked to the beach behind my house. It was dark and the cold air made my skin tingle.

I closed my eyes and images of Rafe and I at this very spot flashed in front of me. The thought of him alone made me feel warm and safe. I heard foot steps approaching me and I opened my eyes. " Eve?" I turned to see JJ a few feet away from me, just standing there. " Yeah?" I said not moving " Are you okay?" he asked " This is what you wanted" I rolled my eyes at him " It was the right thing to do." I took a deep breath " You really like him don't you?" he asked " Yes, JJ. I do. It was never to make you jealous" I snapped at him " Kiara told you" " Yeah, she did. You know. You are just as a dick as he is. You're no better" I started to cry " I know. But I can love you" He kept on insisting and I finally had enough " I don't care! I love him and he loves me. He loves me. Now come on JJ. Just admit, you like Ki too. You'll get over me and go to her. But him... He'll never love anyone but me." Adrenaline coursed through my veins. His eyes were glossy " You'll see Eve. You're making a huge mistake. He'll just fuck some other girl and forget about you and you... Ha! You'll still be moping around and wishing you had chosen me. So have fun spending the rest of your days waiting for him but he'll never come. Bye, Eve." He said stomping off. I stood there frozen. I couldn't move. I felt as if all the air had been sucked out of my body. My feet finally started to move. I entered the house and walked into my room. I sat on the bed and looked at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep. My stomach started to hurt and thought it was my period but this pain had been going for weeks now. I ignored it and finally feel asleep.

I woke up full of sweat. My period was five days late and I started to vomit. I walked down stairs and checked my temperature, it was normal. The first thing that came to mind was that I came down with some sort of a flu but then it hit me, I might be pregnant. I took one of my mother's scarf and put on a disguise. I walked to the nearest pharmacy and bought a pregnancy test. I ran home and went to the bathroom. I took the pregnancy test and waited for the results. I was starting to get impatient, I left it on the kitchen table and poured some orange juice into a cup. I picked it up and my heart dropped. It was positive. " Fuck!" I screamed at it and started to pace around " I can't be" I started to panic and broke down crying. " 18 and fucking pregnant. I can't be, we used protection" I took a deep breath and my phone beeped.

A message from..... Rafe, fucking great. I opened it and it said " We need to talk. Meet me in 10" Just fucking great. Wait! What am I going to tell him. I changed and walked to his house. He was waiting for me in the front. " Hey" he said calmly. I gave him a small, he noticed the panicked look on my face " What's wrong?" he asked " Nothing. What did you want to tell me" I rushed my words, thank god he just brushed it off. " I have something to tell you. I'm leaving Eve." He said " Where?" I asked him, a lump forming in my throat " London" I started to find it hard to breath " London?!" I yelled at him " Yeah" " Okay" I said, calming my self down " When?" I asked him again " In two days" I nodded Okay I have two days to decide. TWO DAYS!! I smiled at him and started to walk away. " Wait!" he said running to me, he grabbed me by the waist and smashed his lips into mine. His lips made my heart burn " I love you" he said into my neck. " I know" I said but he didn't hear me. I pushed him off and walked to John B's.

Kiara was sitting outside " I have to talk to you" I rushed over to her and we walked into the woods " Eve? What's wrong" she had a concerned look on her face " I'm pregnant" I admitted, her eyes shot wide open and I looked at her " Rafe's?" she asked and I nodded " But he's...." she started " Leaving. I know" I said " Are going to tell him?" she asked " Yes" I decided I was " When?" " In two days" " He's leaving in two days" she kept on looking at me. " He'll be far away when I tell him" She nodded " I'll give him a letter and tell him" " So you don't want him present in the baby's life?" she took a deep breath " No. He has a life to live and plus he doesn't want children" My heart ached at the thought " How though? Didn't you use protection?" She kept on asking questions "We did.... most of the time" I said " I better go" I didn't even give her a second to open her mouth, I just stormed off.

I ran to my room and thought about what I'm going to do and I started to right the letter. I decided I was going to keep the baby. And I will tell my mum................when Rafe leaves.