Chapter 21

I looked over at Malfoy and he was already looking at me. "Please take some food to Pansy, tell her i'll see her soon" i mouthed and he nodded and started filling up a plate.

After the announcement we got dismissed so i ran to my dorm as fast as i could. I locked my door and grabbed every book i owned. I skimmed through my dark arts text book: nothing, i skimmed through Potions: nothing, divination, book in how to block spells: but nothing, there was no spell or potion or weed i could take that could prevent the liquid from infecting my body with the truth.

My eyes widened as a small knock sounded from my door. "Who is it" i asked through a shaky breathe, ruffling around to find my concealer to cover up my puffy red skin under my eyes.

"Um my names Tilly, i'm a third year but professor Snape asked to see you in his office... if you don't mind" The anonymous girl replied.

I let out a small breath of relief closing my eyes for a moment and trying to quickly wipe the crooked creases that knitted my robes. "Okay" i replied quietly and i waited until i heard her footsteps scurry further into the distance.

I creaked open my door and took at deep breathe before making my way through the common room only to be stopped my a worried looking Daphne.

"Hey! I've barely seen you today, i've been studying in the library all day, is everything okay?" I painted my face with a confused expression, acting like i didn't know what she was on about.

"What? i'm fine! i have to catch up on DA so i'm gonna go talk to Snape to see if i can get some help" i laughed. She looked slightly bewildered at my excuse considering she knows my marks on the subject were way over average but she let it slide and told me to meet her later in our dorm to catch up. As i turned i quickly caught her arm again. "Oh by the way... congratulations" i smiled at her. I can't believe her and millicent are getting together! 

She smiled and told me we could talk about it once i got back.

I agreed and made my way out of the common room and walked down the corridor towards Snape's office located at the other end of the dungeons.

Before i entered i wiped my sweaty palms on the ends of my skirt then knocked on the door, earning a deep and slow 'yes' from inside.

I opened the door to find Snape sat on his desk with books surrounding him, just like i had been 10 minutes ago before i came here. "Professor? uhh- why did you call me here?" I asked nervously.

"I think you know why i called you here today Miss Parker." He spoke. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion wondering if he really was thinking the same as me.

"I'm sorry professor but i'm confused-" i started but was cut off by the dark man sat in front of me.

"I happen to be one of his most trusted followers, i know your situation and i'm afraid it's not as simple as convincing Dumbledore to not question his students as you think and considering the misunderstanding between your parents and hers not weeks before she died puts your name at the top of his suspicion list." He spoke, progressively getting louder.

"But-" i tried speaking but he cut me off again.

"Listen..the night you came to Hogwarts your Mother, Draco's Mother and Bellatrix Lestrange paid me a visit and i made a vow to keep the both of you out of trouble, to protect you and carry out your tasks if you fail to complete them." my eyes widened at his words. That's why my mother wasn't there the day i went.

"what kind of vow? I'm sure Bella wouldn't leave without knowing your promises weren't just empty words!?" i contemplated.

"An unbreakable vow" he bluntly spoke and my breath hitched in the back of my throat. I raised my eyebrows in surprise and opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.